What are you drinking right now?

Here all boots have their usage prepended to "Boots" (Rain, Snow, Mud, Muck, Construction, Hiking, etc). I can kind of understand Gum Boots (it comes from the Gum tree right?). But, "Wellies" is just plain weird. I mean, you defeat Napoleon and all you get is a pair of boots named after you? :p

Actually I looked it up....

Wellington rain boots, or “Wellies” are named for their inventor, Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington. As the story goes, Wellington, who was a leading military figure in Britain in the 1800s, asked his shoemaker to modify his riding boots.

Irish Stout with dinner.
DA21BC9C-D1C6-4537-B7F0-4BE9354E2453.jpeg

Here all boots have their usage prepended to "Boots" (Rain, Snow, Mud, Muck, Construction, Hiking, etc). I can kind of understand Gum Boots (it comes from the Gum tree right?). But, "Wellies" is just plain weird. I mean, you defeat Napoleon and all you get is a pair of boots named after you? :p

Actually I looked it up....

Wellington rain boots, or “Wellies” are named for their inventor, Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington. As the story goes, Wellington, who was a leading military figure in Britain in the 1800s, asked his shoemaker to modify his riding boots.
Cheers I was hoping someone would school me on the subject of Wellies ;).
I'm not sure about gum boots and gum tree link maybe I gotta do some googling...

Edit yup apparently back in the day they were made of gum tree sap. American Indians also made some rubber footware as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/big-questions-20050618-gdliz0.html
Half way down article is the question on Gummies.

Last edited:
Did y'all know that moving is a big fucking bummer? Luckily my pal SNPA always has my back
20210818_175113.jpg

Got the keys to the new apartment today, and discovered a lot of faulty/broken things that needed attention. I don't think the previous tenant reported any maintenance issues the entire time they lived there :eek: but! As of this evening the A/C is working, as is the bathroom sink and the oven no longer rocks back and forth lol Maintenence said they're coming back tomorrow to address the rest of my list, fingers crossed they actually make it

Did y'all know that moving is a big fucking bummer? Luckily my pal SNPA always has my back
View attachment 17097
Got the keys to the new apartment today, and discovered a lot of faulty/broken things that needed attention. I don't think the previous tenant reported any maintenance issues the entire time they lived there :eek: but! As of this evening the A/C is working, as is the bathroom sink and the oven no longer rocks back and forth lol Maintenence said they're coming back tomorrow to address the rest of my list, fingers crossed they actually make it
Good luck!

image.jpg

Pulled into Eugene, Oregon this afternoon. After getting settled in our accommodations, and buying some groceries, we set out on a walk to a place we discovered back in March. At Sunriver Brewing Oakway Pub, I have a Howdy IPA (near), while she has Malekula Madness - Hazy Tiki IPA. Both really good beers.

View attachment 17099
Pulled into Eugene, Oregon this afternoon. After getting settled in our accommodations, and buying some groceries, we set out on a walk to a place we discovered back in March. At Sunriver Brewing Oakway Pub, I have a Howdy IPA (near), while she has Malekula Madness - Hazy Tiki IPA. Both really good beers.
They look it.

image.jpg
Back at our accommodations now, drinking my wife’s favorite beer. At the local Market of Choice, the beer case was a literal wealth of riches - local craft beers too numerous to count. But when I saw this beer, which has not been available at home since, well who knows when, I had to buy this.

View attachment 17101 Back at our accommodations now, drinking my wife’s favorite beer. At the local Market of Choice, the beer case was a literal wealth of riches - local craft beers too numerous to count. But when I saw this beer, which has not been available at home since, we’ll who knows when, I had to buy this.
Oddly enough I can get that one.....

Oddly enough I can get that one.....
If you like it, get it - good beer.
I think in Southern California, it must be considered a seasonal beer. Since mid-winter (at least where we shop), this beer has not been available. We last found it here in Eugene when we visited back in late March

View attachment 17101 Back at our accommodations now, drinking my wife’s favorite beer. At the local Market of Choice, the beer case was a literal wealth of riches - local craft beers too numerous to count. But when I saw this beer, which has not been available at home since, well who knows when, I had to buy this.
Is this anything on Herm's Amber I've herd that goes down well.

Last edited:
image.jpg
At Ninkasi Brewing The Better Living Room. My beer on the left is First Brew: 15th Anniversary IPA. My wife is a sucker for amber ale; she has Pilot Batch No. 96: Hoppy Amber Ale. We’re enjoying these beers with bratwurst and a fresh green salad. Good stuff!

Back