What are you drinking right now?

One more of The Big Lubelski (Grodziskie) before she’s all gone. Tearing through this keg like nobody’s business.

I had my beer loving son try one. His first reaction was to be a bit taken aback by the smoke. He called it kielbasa beer. After two sips, he came to terms with it and polished it off in no time. His comment at the end was that it quickly became an easy drinking beer with a bit of smoke as opposed to a smoky beer. I couldn’t agree more.

View attachment 17039
Absolutely gorgeous Megary

Post drive beer at the future in laws. I love Port City and I'm trying to drink more craft light lagers. This hit the spot, no time to pour it in a glass lol
20210814_220634.jpg

First pour of my pre-prohibition lager. It's over 50% adjunct, sweet, corny, kind of like county fair popcorn. Great beer, more bitterness next time.View attachment 17043
Looks tasty. I’ve yet to venture into using corn but plan to.

little sample of the Dunkel I just transferred. Excuse the dirty glass it is my water glass for the evening. :) Dunkel turned out well from the sample. I closed off my spunding valve earlier so it is carbed to 2.2 volumes according to the chart.
571B14AC-6839-4636-97B9-D8D67753F306.jpeg

Wellingtons are 'rubber boots', sometimes rain boots. Not near as cool a name as gum boots or wellingtons. But straightforward and practical, typical Amis.
Well, not all the Aussies call 'em Gum boots. Those from SA call 'em Wellies too.

Welly boots we call em gum boots. What s the Yanks call em ?
Galoshes, or something to that effect. I live in California, where it never rains - but sometimes, it pours.
Typically, that kind of equipment is not needed here, except for when it is, which is very seldom.

Galoshes, or something to that effect. I live in California, where it never rains - but sometimes, it pours.
Typically, that kind of equipment is not needed here, except for when it is, which is very seldom.
Galoshes well I would a never thought it!
Yup we don't need em much here.
But they can be a work related footware.
I've worn them working in pigery and slaughter house work.
I know concreters ware them working the mud.
@RoadRoach Yup my dad's Welsh so he calls them Wellies " put your wellie boots on boy"!
But I've herd Queenslanders refer to them as Gummies / gumboots.

Last edited:
Mainly gum boots here!
We don't need them often, but they can be real handy in the rainy season when you get stuck in the mud....
Generally, it's too warm to wear them, although a number of my staff do (even at 35+ oC :rolleyes:)

Back