What's your next brew

All the festbier/marzen talk on this thread has helped convince me that a festbier is my Labor Day brew tomorrow. I have some Novalager that I'm going to try. Thinking of starting fermentation in the low 60s, allowing a slight rise as fermentation slows. Probably will be a helles-like grain bill with mostly pilsner malt, 20% Munich. Also planning to throw in a few % of melanoidin malt and carapils, which I don't have a lot of experience with. Looking for some more complexity from the melanoidin, and head retention from the carapils.
I use 5% melanoidin and it absolutely makes itself known.

Altbier tomorrow and the first brew at the new apartment
I am really curious how that one comes out for my bucket list. The way you decribed it really peaked my curiosity, especially the yeast.

Altbier tomorrow and the first brew at the new apartment
I’ve slept twice since I had the last altbier. Might have to try one again if I can find it. If not I SHOULD get back into the game and try something I’ve never done before.

My next couple of brews will be catching up on community brew recipes. Might try and knock one out this coming weekend.

The night temperatures will be coming up starting this weekend.
If the weather forecast can be believed.
So I'll start coming in Voss territory again, without temperature control

The night temperatures will be coming up starting this weekend.
If the weather forecast can be believed.
So I'll start coming in Voss territory again, without temperature control
Not enough solar power to run a fermentadeezer? The little Inkbird ITC-1000 controllers work beautifully with a combination fridge/freezer like what I have. Can’t remember the brand/model, but I got it from one of the big box home improvement stores n sale. It functions as fridge (with freezer compartment,or flat out freezer.

Not enough solar power to run a fermentadeezer? The little Inkbird ITC-1000 controllers work beautifully with a combination fridge/freezer like what I have. Can’t remember the brand/model, but I got it from one of the big box home improvement stores n sale. It functions as fridge (with freezer compartment,or flat out freezer.
Correct, not enough night time power.
I'm currently sitting on the edge of battery capacity and my timer switches packed up.
Those timer swithches are preventing my normal fridge and freezer from coming on between 05 and 07 in the morning.
Plus with it fetting hotter, I will start using a fan again.

I got an inkbird for temp control.

The plan is to get 1 Li-ion battery instead of the 4 gel ones I got now.
The gel ones can then go run my 12 volt chest fridge)freezer.

But I don't have the money right now and the system works

And to keep things into perspective:
The electricity company (that I am not connected to) is endeavouring to give everyone in the capital 3 hours of power per day.
The towns I am closest to are getting 7 hours a day, nothing at night.
My area is not connected, which is why I am oof grid

Correct, not enough night time power.
I'm currently sitting on the edge of battery capacity and my timer switches packed up.
Those timer swithches are preventing my normal fridge and freezer from coming on between 05 and 07 in the morning.
Plus with it fetting hotter, I will start using a fan again.

I got an inkbird for temp control.

The plan is to get 1 Li-ion battery instead of the 4 gel ones I got now.
The gel ones can then go run my 12 volt chest fridge)freezer.

But I don't have the money right now and the system works

And to keep things into perspective:
The electricity company (that I am not connected to) is endeavouring to give everyone in the capital 3 hours of power per day.
The towns I am closest to are getting 7 hours a day, nothing at night.
My area is not connected, which is why I am oof grid
I'm having the same problem with my lead acid batteries, they get weaker every year they won't last the whole night, found out a big draw was my attic fans that come on at 90 degrees

I'm having the same problem with my lead acid batteries, they get weaker every year they won't last the whole night, found out a big draw was my attic fans that come on at 90 degrees
That’s gonna sting. Hope you got enough savings with your system to pay for the maintenance.

Mine are still okay after 4 years, it's just that I would like some more power :)
Li-ion batteries have gone done in price in those years, so it was probably the right decission at that time.

Back