What are you drinking right now?

I think Road Roach would like the mug. Since I did enough damage on it the other night, I figured I would have some more Saison and cut myself off in a little so I could heat up dinner. I do like this beer.

20240902_145903.jpg

Shit. forgot to attach the picture before.

Half and Half. I haven’t tried this in a long time so the pour wasn’t perfect. I was a bit clumsy, took too long with the stout and couldn’t get a proper head. But damn, this is one of those drinks where the sum is greater than the parts. :)

IMG_1965.jpeg

Not heard of that brewery
Birmingham, Al. Lotsa good beers. Another one is Back Forty Brewing in Gadsden,Al.

https://www.goodpeoplebrewing.com/

https://www.backfortybeer.com/birmingham-back-forty-beer-company

IIRC, you’re partial to browns. Back Forty has one called Truck Stop Honey. It’ll make you slap yer tongue for having too much fun.

If you’re ever down this way, we’ll have to do a brewery crawl. Lotsa big ones like Cahaba, Back Forty, Good People, and Avondale all of which have some fantastic signature beers. There’s also plenty microbrewery locations as well. 3 within a rock throw from my place.

Half and Half. I haven’t tried this in a long time so the pour wasn’t perfect. I was a bit clumsy, took too long with the stout and couldn’t get a proper head. But damn, this is one of those drinks where the sum is greater than the parts. :)

View attachment 30309
Nice!
I haven't done that for a while either. I usually use a wheat on the bottom. Sometimes I can get an apricot wheat, or a raspberry wheat. The blended flavors are outstanding.

Nice!
I haven't done that for a while either. I usually use a wheat on the bottom. Sometimes I can get an apricot wheat, or a raspberry wheat. The blended flavors are outstanding.
That's brilliant. Never crossed my mind.

20240906_171919.jpg

Last night on the plane...complete with lounge lighting..I never had this before and I was pleasantly surprised and have concluded that the best west coast IPA I've had so far are brewed there...or maybe Chicago in this case...

It's a rare thing to find a variety pack where you like every beer in it :) I love fall beers!
View attachment 30336
Nice! Would love to hear your take on that Maple Brown. Does the maple actually come through without tasting…um…artificial? If the maple really shines, I need to figure out how they did it!

21 month old Imperial Stout.

Some of you might remember a thread I started about this beer and how I couldn’t get it to carbonate in the bottle. I ended up uncapping the bottles, adding yeast and then recapping. That definitely worked.
This beer is really hitting its stride. Nice chocolate notes, a bit of vanilla, some coffee roast, alcohol warmth. But at 11.5% it is a bit of a bully…after half a glass, it’s starting to push me around a bit. Definitely would be best shared, but shhh…don’t tell. I’m sure the bomber bottle doesn’t help. Would go great with a cigar, but I hate cigars.

Anyway, I could improve this recipe, but I am a bit smitten with this first crack at the style.

IMG_2167.jpeg

21 month old Imperial Stout.

Some of you might remember a thread I started about this beer and how I couldn’t get it to carbonate in the bottle. I ended up uncapping the bottles, adding yeast and then recapping. That definitely worked.
This beer is really hitting its stride. Nice chocolate notes, a bit of vanilla, some coffee roast, alcohol warmth. But at 11.5% it is a bit of a bully…after half a glass, it’s starting to push me around a bit. Definitely would be best shared, but shhh…don’t tell. I’m sure the bomber bottle doesn’t help. Would go great with a cigar, but I hate cigars.

Anyway, I could improve this recipe, but I am a bit smitten with this first crack at the style.

View attachment 30337
Your patience and perseverance on this one is certainly admirable! Congrats on the tasty brew. Cheers!

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Rule #1 for engineering. Rule #2 has something to do with messing with Mrs. Murphy, and #3 describes the results of breaking #2.

Nice! Would love to hear your take on that Maple Brown. Does the maple actually come through without tasting…um…artificial? If the maple really shines, I need to figure out how they did it!
Probably in secondary/brite tank.

Back