What are you drinking right now?

I've been drinking tea and coffee.
I needed to cut down on alcohol for a bit.
Not like Ben though. Just a short break.
I should have a beer again at the zoom (if I make it as I got a sandbank braai on that day)

And for the finale,

View attachment 30254

From JosephsBrau Brewing Co., San Jose, CA.

Smooth, good, but perhaps not quite as malty/sweet as my version. But I add Cacao nibs to the tail end of the boil, which might be adding just a touch more sugars to the wort.

The missus went to Trader Joe’s today and got me some goodies while I was cutting down a tree. There’s an Oktoberfest in the bunch.
Trader Joes has several good beers, and typically around $7 for a sixer.

And for the finale,

View attachment 30254

From JosephsBrau Brewing Co., San Jose, CA.

Smooth, good, but perhaps not quite as malty/sweet as my version. But I add Cacao nibs to the tail end of the boil, which might be adding just a touch more sugars to the wort.

The missus went to Trader Joe’s today and got me some goodies while I was cutting down a tree. There’s an Oktoberfest in the bunch.
Looks awesome. I might have to do one next now.

We’ve had some left over Marzen I kegged yesterday. I’m super exited for this beer in a month. Also some dunkel.

Trader Joes has several good beers, and typically around $7 for a sixer.
I dont know about yall, but getting in and out of a Trader Joes parking lot is putiing your life in your hands down here. They are small, everyone is in a damn hurry, and exiting on a very busy road near tourist land. My understanding is that thr Winter Park store is difficult for similar reasons.

Last edited:
The ones around here and there aren’t very many are pretty big stores

I've been drinking tea and coffee.
I needed to cut down on alcohol for a bit.
Not like Ben though. Just a short break.
I should have a beer again at the zoom (if I make it as I got a sandbank braai on that day)
I'm with you there Zambi, taking a break as well. Being on vacation this past week though I have had one beer each day for our happy hour.
The upside will be that once I am done my break I hope to have brewed and have 4 taps full and ready to serve. I am thinking that I will concentrate on mid 4% to mid 5% brews moving forward too. We'll, except for the odd Wee Heavy, or Chocolate Cranberry Stout ;)

I'm with you there Zambi, taking a break as well. Being on vacation this past week though I have had one beer each day for our happy hour.
The upside will be that once I am done my break I hope to have brewed and have 4 taps full and ready to serve. I am thinking that I will concentrate on mid 4% to mid 5% brews moving forward too. We'll, except for the odd Wee Heavy, or Chocolate Cranberry Stout ;)
You have to do what your body tells you. I took most of the week off from drinking any alcohol after my wife's celebration of life. I didn't eat, drank waaay too many 6% ers, and felt like absolute shit the next day on top of being emotionally drained and sad beyond belief.
I'm going to need to drink this batch of homebrew in moderation as the Saison fermented down low enough where it is in the mid 6s. I normally like my beers to be in or near the 5s.

It's getting better. Homebrew IPA
20240825_172333.jpg

IPA.
Nasty looking beer but with a wonderful, crisp bitterness and nice hop aroma and flavor. Citra, Mosaic and Harlequin at the end. As heavy as I hopped this, I suspect it will never clear. Finishes nice and dry, but a bit boozy at 7.3%. Pluses and minuses, but overall finishes on the positive side, warts and all. It has all been noted for next time.

That’s why I love this hobby. I only make one IPA a year and I already can‘t wait to make my next one. :)

IMG_1947.jpeg

That really is one beer that should be uncomfortable with its appearance. :p

IPA.
Nasty looking beer but with a wonderful, crisp bitterness and nice hop aroma and flavor. Citra, Mosaic and Harlequin at the end. As heavy as I hopped this, I suspect it will never clear. Finishes nice and dry, but a bit boozy at 7.3%. Pluses and minuses, but overall finishes on the positive side, warts and all. It has all been noted for next time.

That’s why I love this hobby. I only make one IPA a year and I already can‘t wait to make my next one. :)

View attachment 30259

Sounds delicious!!

IPA.

View attachment 30259

A NEPA NEIPA? Squankie....

Dry hopped cider is conditioning nicely. Still a touch too bitter, but I think that should fade over time. I used 2 oz of Azacca in 4 gallons of juice added when I pitched the yeast (lutra kveik). I didn't take an OG, but when I used this juice in the past it comes out around 6.5% abv
20240825_193018.jpg

This just kills me. Bourbon barrel aged 11%+ stout. Maybe ho-hum style-wise in this day and age but it completely delivers on the promise in every way.

So what if it is Sunday evening while I’m enjoying this…as a night cap.

Just wow.

IMG_1949.jpeg

I seem to remember them making one hell of an imperial pumpkin in the past too.

Not necessarily the best brewery as far as business sense goes, but dear lord, their beers are always fantastic. And a great place to visit as well. Get your hands on their beer if and whenever you can, because lord knows when their end will come.

Back