What are you drinking right now?

Espresso Martini

IMG_1895.jpeg

Well now some In Georgia. But not the tropical stuff.
I was concerned you were going to get caught up in the nasty thunderstorms tomorrow. Glad you are safe. I went out for lunch and a beer today. It was sunny and hot at my house. I got 10 minutes down the road, and I could not see anything in front of me due to torrential rain. I guess that is Florida.
We had a wild thunderstorm on Thursday that knocked out my power for a couple of hours.

I was concerned you were going to get caught up in the nasty thunderstorms tomorrow. Glad you are safe. I went out for lunch and a beer today. It was sunny and hot at my house. I got 10 minutes down the road, and I could not see anything in front of me due to torrential rain. I guess that is Florida.
We had a wild thunderstorm on Thursday that knocked out my power for a couple of hours.
If there's anything I learned from a stint I had in Ft. Lauderdale, it's that if you don't like the weather in Florida, just wait 5 minutes. It'll change. But maybe not for the better. You may be wishing you had the weather of the previous 5 minutes back. At least it doesn't get cold down there, well, not what I call cold. I drove down one time when it was -5F here in B'ham. At Dothan, I shucked my thermal underwear. At Wildwood (top end of the Pike), I shucked my coat. About half-way down the pike, I pulled over (to add a few minutes to my drive time to avoid a calculated speeding ticket) and rolled up my sleeves. When I got off the Pike at Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, I swapped my long-sleeve shirt for a t-shirt. Then I see folks down there in Ft. Lauderdale walking around in goose-down jackets, shorts, and flip-flops. I think the temperature was below 78F that day.

At least it was rain, and not palmetto bugs on Alligator Alley as thick as rain, or lovebugs in the panhandle coastal areas. Like I said, give it 5 minutes, you might want the previous bad weather back.

If there's anything I learned from a stint I had in Ft. Lauderdale, it's that if you don't like the weather in Florida, just wait 5 minutes. It'll change. But maybe not for the better. You may be wishing you had the weather of the previous 5 minutes back. At least it doesn't get cold down there, well, not what I call cold. I drove down one time when it was -5F here in B'ham. At Dothan, I shucked my thermal underwear. At Wildwood (top end of the Pike), I shucked my coat. About half-way down the pike, I pulled over (to add a few minutes to my drive time to avoid a calculated speeding ticket) and rolled up my sleeves. When I got off the Pike at Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, I swapped my long-sleeve shirt for a t-shirt. Then I see folks down there in Ft. Lauderdale walking around in goose-down jackets, shorts, and flip-flops. I think the temperature was below 78F that day.

At least it was rain, and not palmetto bugs on Alligator Alley as thick as rain, or lovebugs in the panhandle coastal areas. Like I said, give it 5 minutes, you might want the previous bad weather back.
"Then I see folks down there in Ft. Lauderdale walking around in goose-down jackets, shorts, and flip-flops. I think the temperature was below 78F that day."
Sounds like me LOL.

:oops:
Gah! Thats like putting your Xmas decorations up at Halloween!! There should be a law…
When Persimmon Hollow opened on Lake Eola (they have since closed) :( They had a Festbier on all the time. Personally, I think something somewhat sessionable and Festbierish should be a staple.

"Then I see folks down there in Ft. Lauderdale walking around in goose-down jackets, shorts, and flip-flops. I think the temperature was below 78F that day."
Sounds like me LOL.
And me
Just not in Florida.
But shorts, flip flops, jacket, couple of shirts & beanie sounds like common winter dress

Can't like the Covid part. Do like the Marzen part:)
I don't like it either. Felt like a normal cold at first. Then it just kept going and the aches and sinus pressure and oddly ear pressure came in. Had to cut out half of our vacation plans. But now we're home and at least I had the foresight before we left to leave the fridge and pantry packed with beer and food. So all is well, in a manner of speaking

Back