What are you drinking right now?

I was disappointed there were only 2 options at the grocery store!! :D the local craft festbiers will be loaded in soon. Our distributor picked up our marzen kegs and cans last week. Fun industry tidbit: most Oktoberfest and pumpkin beers are presold to bars and grocery stores by the end of July
To your point, a few years back we were at Weyerbacher, mid July. They were just starting to bottle this year’s Imperial Pumpkin Ale and the bartender took one off the line and let us have it. Aside from the employees, my wife and I were probably the first to try it. Very cool.

Coffee. It’s 8:21 in the morning and I’m getting my daily Vitamin D before it gets too stinkin hot. Lost a bit of my farmer’s tan while exploring in the southern hemisphere and trying to get the gumption to cut down a dead tree behind my shop.

Chili's in the slow cooker, corn bread on deck to go in the oven. A hopefully mellow tropical storm rolling through outside. I'm ready for fall.

I use my mom's chili recipe which is beanless. I've heard some folks say that traditional chili should be without beans, but I grew up on canned chili with beans so that's also normal for me. What do y'all think, are beans an essential ingredient for it to be called chili? What do you call it if it doesn't include beans?

View attachment 30136
I do like beans in my chili but my recipe doesn't have them. I think that is Texas style but either way its good with or without

Hefe - I’m beginning to question my use of a keg top-draw for this style. This certainly drinks like a Hefe, the banana and clove are there, but I wonder if I could pull more flavors by drawing from the bottom. I might be nitpicking and there’s not much I can do about it now. Maybe next time? @Donoroto

IMG_1916.jpeg

Hefe - I’m beginning to question my use of a keg top-draw for this style. This certainly drinks like a Hefe, the banana and clove are there, but I wonder if I could pull more flavors by drawing from the bottom. I might be nitpicking and there’s not much I can do about it now. Maybe next time? @Donoroto

View attachment 30140
What you have there is a krystall Weitzen. The additional flavor from the yeast is not all that significant. All of my long tubes have been cut a half inch shorter so as to not pull up yeast in other beers, but for the hefe sometimes I do give the keg a little jiggle.

Chili's in the slow cooker, corn bread on deck to go in the oven. A hopefully mellow tropical storm rolling through outside. I'm ready for fall.

I use my mom's chili recipe which is beanless. I've heard some folks say that traditional chili should be without beans, but I grew up on canned chili with beans so that's also normal for me. What do y'all think, are beans an essential ingredient for it to be called chili? What do you call it if it doesn't include beans?

View attachment 30136
Me too with the beer. I hope they have more tomorrow at Publix. I love this shit.
20240809_204741.jpg

You and @Sunfire96 are killing me
You should have some soon You are probably the same distance from the Carolina brewery that I am. They went more Pils this year. It is highly crushable for 6%, and just slightly hoppy, maybe just a tick under a Pale Ale. They really did a nice job this year. You dont get a lot of malt until it gets warmer, and then you can start tasting the Munich.

Last edited:
Oh shit. Went to 2 Publix stores...no luck. I'm going across town to a brewery this afternoon, so I'm going to look in Total Wine.
If you see it, grab it. I don't know what the deal is with Sierra Nevada seasonals and Publix. See it one week - gone the next.

Oh shit. Went to 2 Publix stores...no luck. I'm going across town to a brewery this afternoon, so I'm going to look in Total Wine.
If you see it, grab it. I don't know what the deal is with Sierra Nevada seasonals and Publix. See it one week - gone the next.
Umm, could it be people buying a good product quickly and DA management not ordering enough quickly enough? SN has quite a few tasty labels to their credit. I’ll have the missus check for that one in our local stores.

Umm, could it be people buying a good product quickly and DA management not ordering enough quickly enough? SN has quite a few tasty labels to their credit. I’ll have the missus check for that one in our local stores.
Total Wine only had 5 cases left. I bought a twelve pack.

Back