What are you drinking right now?

MyDSC21-170.jpg

Woodforde's 'Admiral's Reserve', BRITISH GOLDEN ALE - from their extract kit. ABV: 4.5% at four months (mini-keg). Very light carbonation reminiscent of McEwan's Scottish Export meaning I didn't get it quite right but the flavour is there.

And now the last of @Josh Hughes Hohlschuh. Like before, just plain good. Light and refreshing, nice balance of hops and malt, and clear as air.

I'm still waiting on that second keg...

Yup. That was my sunrise beer at the beach at one time. The bait store in Port Canaveral opened at 6 and used to sell it. They don't anymore.
My wife used to love the coffee version. 3 Daughters has a VERY cool, VERY large Christmas village in the back area of the brewery.
St Pete has lots of breweries:) I have been to most of them, but I still have a few to visit. We used to do the dolphin trips out of Johns Pass. Not sure if it is the same, but many moons ago, the sunset one included cheap beer.

Last edited:
3 Daughter’s blonde ale. @Sandy Feet you know this one? Brewed in St. Petersburg. Pretty refreshing. We drove to Clearwater beachthis afternoon for a boat/dolphin trip. Eating at the Salt Cracker by the marina. Beach in a few View attachment 30086
Also, I hope you aren't driving home when the tropical storm is supposed to hit this weekend

MyDSC21-172b.jpg

Onto 2nd mini-keg of Admiral's Reserve Golden Ale. Decided not to leave this maturing after first one as I thought it could be oxidizing. Well the head disappears even quicker on this keg but the carbonation is slightly better/longer lasting as is the gentle but lingering (after)taste.

MyDSC21-172a.jpg

Thought these I found in the freezer at aldi were appropriate for International Beer Day which is apparently today August 2nd. Had some with a mixed grill, not bad at all.

Back