What are you drinking right now?

Holschuh Biergarten for Kim and I with burgers potatoes and asparagus
IMG_9176.jpeg

A dark mild I brewed on Fathers day with my dad visiting from MI after having 1 month old. Couldn't find a fitting for the chiller until after I was done, forgot to make my yeast starter the day before, and didn't take an OG. By the time I went to pitch the yeast, the keg (I ferment in kegs) had already started fermenting and had a THICC krausen. I'm guess the floating dip tube still had sufficient english ale yeast, I'll probably start circulating hot water through the keg as I get my strike water to temp in the brewzilla going forward to pasteurize the keg.

I'm calling it "Father's Folly"

Some Helles. Only had 2-3 pints off of this one BUT I’m probably making my Helles like this from here on out with the decoction. Also clear as a bell, humidity is quite high here and for some reason the a/c was adjusted while I was gone this evening…
IMG_9210.jpeg

My first attemp at a Belgian dark strong ale. Its not too bad. Might need to age for a bit. 13% abv

View attachment 29947
Hoo-boy! That’s a knee buckler for sure.
Keep a few in the trunk in case you run out of gas. :D

How old is it? I definitely find my Barleywines improve with age. A few years even. If you’re patient.

Hoo-boy! That’s a knee buckler for sure.
Keep a few in the trunk in case you run out of gas. :D

How old is it? I definitely find my Barleywines improve with age. A few years even. If you’re patient.
About 3 days, don't know if it will last that long, lol.

Back