What are you drinking right now?

A sample of the lagering Oktoberfest. Nice malty flavor, as it should, but not yet totally clear. I'll wait the 4 months.
FDD18C34-010F-40CB-B911-69EBB24263D1.jpeg

Brother in law brought me an early birthday present. The can is just as horrifying in person lol
View attachment 29850
We used to call the missus’ minivan the”The Woombat”. She’s from Oz and agrees that a 2005 Chevy Venture is remarkably shaped like a wombat.

MyDSC21-163.jpg

The last bottle of my first ever Belgian Dubbel - to be repeated. Still tastes great at 9 months although the ageing didn't improve over the last 3 months. Carbonation is okay for these small glasses but head dissipating fast and defo on the edge of oxidizing.

MyDSC21-165.jpg

From a couple of days ago but none of the photos were worth posting. This only scrapes through imho but wanted to share before I head off to the recycle bank.

I wasn't going to bother with Aldi beer at least for a while due to it being too hit and miss besides relatively expensive but this caught might eye. And I don't drink a lot of coffee as I have mild tinnitus which it can set off. So...

All I can say is wow - coffee aroma is incredible (still now off the empty) - matched on the taste side too - everything seems perfectly balanced. In a word - luscious! Better than an Irish Coffee and that is something I love deeply as a treat - I had one after and it seemed bland by comparison.

Full marks from me this time. Might get a few of these in for special occasions/round off a stout session and also go searching for an extract kit to try as it would make a great St. Paddy's day brew.

Back