What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
From Silver Moon in Bend, OR.
This is F* Cancer IPA - for my dad, and all those who have been afflicted.

I love summerfest, if you know you know
Actually I've lived in or near Milwaukee my whole life and have never been to Summerfest. Fun Fact: According to Guinness, Milwaukee's Summerfest is the world's largest music festival. You can hear the same music and eat the same food the rest of the year. It's Milwaukee's ethnic festivals I love going to. That's when you get to hear music and eat food you only get one weekend a year.

If you are looking for something to do this summer:
* Festa Italiana: May 31-June 2
* Polish Fest: June 14 – 16
* Greek Fest: June 21-23
* German Fest: July 26 – 28
* Black Arts Fest MKE: August 3
* Irish Fest: August 15 – 18 (World's largest Irish/Celtic festival)
* Mexican Fiesta: August 23 – 25

Last edited:
Been about 19 years since I’ve moved. I can see us getting something bigger in the next few years and I’m not looking forward to it.
Been 26 for me LOL, but paid off and just me now. No brainer, but I miss the hell out of that lady.
I went through the same thing years ago. When she found out what it cost to replace what we got for dirt cheap, she agreed with me and we didn't look anymore.
When bad shit happens and you don't have any debt, it it really bad, it isnt catastrophic.

Last edited:
On left my Helles on the right Holschuh Biergarten.

This Helles was using the recipe from Weihenstephan via the new Modern Lager Book from the owners of Jacks Abbey. I did a single 20 minute boiled decoction instead of their more drawn out one. There is a certain something from the decoction that I will make that mash schedule my future for Helles.

On the right is my own concoction. 40% red x, 20% Vienna and the rest Pilsner with 27 ibu. This one is malty as it looks but the bitterness gives it some snap. Not clear even though 2 weeks older but doesn’t matter. This one is based on some Zoiglbier and rustic lagers I’ve read about.
IMG_8986.jpeg

Last edited:
Been 26 for me LOL, but paid off and just me now. No brainer, but I miss the hell out of that lady.
I went through the same thing years ago. When she found out what it cost to replace what we got for dirt cheap, she agreed with me and we didn't look anymore.
When bad shit happens and you don't have any debt, it it really bad, it isnt catastrophic.
a paid off house has made me much more content than her.

Having a tasting flight at the Crafty Trout in Taupo, NZ. Took getting rained out to actually have dinner and a beer in our travels

IMG_3604.jpeg

Left to right:
Down Rigger Imperial Lager
Day Poacher Wheat Hefe, similar to Blue Moon
Striker Black Lager
Hook Amber Lager.

Back