What are you drinking right now?

Dunkel
IMG_7386.jpeg

Low alcohol one
This was last bit with lot of trub and bottle carbonated, but tasty.
Bit more bitter should be better. But then had a little pour from the kegged version and that seemed a bit more bitter
IMG_20240202_154747_323.jpg

Followed by simple cider on beer trub
It's Friday :)

OK thats not loading...

Well, it was loading to 100% but didn't let me post it.
Re-try
Re-try
Okay, maybe tomorrow

Newest pale ale. It's a bit too bitter for what I was aiming for. But I was trying out a new pale ale grist of 90% Vienna and 10% honey malt and I like it. The hops are very red fruit forward, so it kind of resembles strawberries and watermelon jolly ranchers lol I took some into work and the production crew (brewers and cellar-persons) had some nice things to say!
20240202_160612.jpg

Newest pale ale. It's a bit too bitter for what I was aiming for. But I was trying out a new pale ale grist of 90% Vienna and 10% honey malt and I like it. The hops are very red fruit forward, so it kind of resembles strawberries and watermelon jolly ranchers lol I took some into work and the production crew (brewers and cellar-persons) had some nice things to say!
View attachment 28292
Beautiful color and a very interesting grain bill. I wonder how the Vienna Honey Malt thing would work with some more earthy hops.

Beautiful color and a very interesting grain bill. I wonder how the Vienna Honey Malt thing would work with some more earthy hops.
I'm trying some "normal" hops for the next one, and lowering the projected IBUs. Next recipe will have Lupomax Talus and Motueka as the finishing hops. I'm curious if the grain bill still holds up. I mashed low to keep the FG low which helps

I'm just thinking out loud, but I wonder how that honey malt would do in something Germanish with some Pils and Vienna with a lager yeast? At one time, I would't have thought of using that malt, but I drank a Pale Ale locally that I liked with it. I'm actually drinking the Orlando Mega Collab right now that has it. It is a 6% lager and very awesome.

Last edited:
I'm just thinking out loud, but I wonder how that honey malt would do in something Germanish with some Pils and Vienna with a lager yeast? At one time, I would't have thought of using that malt, but I drank a Pale Ale locally that I liked with it. I'm actually drinking the Orlando Mega Collab right now that has it. It is a 6% lager and very awesome.
Never know until you try it :)

View attachment 28292
What where them hops again?

One of them had an odd name McKenzie and?

Crazy head you get on then ciders does it stick around?
It was put on left over beer trub...
I'll have another one tonight and time how long the foam stays....

Back