What are you drinking right now?

What's your recipe for that one Josh? Your profile has a few versions
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/1439704
i stupidly save every edit as a new recipe instead of just making snapshots with the alterations. The main thing for me for this beer is less of the character from crystal malt. The main thing for this one is using London Ale III, supposedly the Boddingtons strain instead of my typical imperial Pub/ESB yeast.

Dunkel
IMG_7422.jpeg

@Josh Hughes
A nice creamy pour of another Manchester gold… :)
(though I don’t think this is brewed in Manchester anymore)

View attachment 28339
I remember when those cans first came on the market. If I am not mistaken it was the first canned beer to have a widget inside, well this side of the pond at least. Come to think of it I haven't seen any round here for a bit either and I'm only around 25 miles from Manchester.

image.jpg
My first keg pour, this is Red Wheat for Winter. It poured a lot of foam, but it settles out pretty quickly. This is a pretty good beer! Might I get a better pour with less pressure? Current regulator setting is 12 psi. When backlit, this shows more red than the brown this photo expresses.

This shows the color a little better.
CONGRATS!!!!
Excessive foam can be caused by the tap being warm, and or by the pressure at the tap being too high.
How long are our beer lines, and what inside diameter are they.

More strawberry IPA lol. Unable to post the picture or the screenshot for some reason

CONGRATS!!!!
Excessive foam can be caused by the tap being warm, and or by the pressure at the tap being too high.
How long are our beer lines, and what inside diameter are they.
Thanks. Beer line is Micro Matic Pro Line, 5 feet long with i/d 3/16 inch. I don’t yet have a fridge for the keg, so it sits on the concrete floor of the garage, which is currently at ~44F. Once the foam settles, the beer is lovely, with great head and streaming bubbles. Next pour, I am going to try keeping the picnic tap elevated above the keg to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks. Beer line is Micro Matic Pro Line, 5 feet long with i/d 3/16 inch. I don’t yet have a fridge for the keg, so it sits on the concrete floor of the garage, which is currently at ~44F. Once the foam settles, the beer is lovely, with great head and streaming bubbles. Next pour, I am going to try keeping the picnic tap elevated above the keg to see if that makes any difference.
Don't sweat a little foam. If you want to turn the pressure down 3-4 psi it will balance out after a few pours. 12 psi is a good pressure for ~38-40'F, so if you're at 44F a few PSI down might make it work better. The great news is the beer looks great, and sounds like it tastes great too!

Back