What are you drinking right now?

Dude, that looks nice!! My very first all grain was a brown. I didn't know what I was doing, and it came out very light. The second time I tried, it was good.
Those are very cool beers when they come out right.
I'm finally going to get to brew again not this weekend, but next. I'm picking up stuff on Sunday.
Super tasty. I’m good with the color, usually the software says a beer will be lighter for me and this time it didn’t. My usual browns are darker

0C19F40D-8BAA-474D-9125-4FF77B9AF307.jpeg

Things I haven't appreciated locally until I found places that made them well: Alt beers, real Pilsners, and Pre Prohibition Lagers. Life is good when good brewers play with old shit

I’m living in the PNW, a land of riches for a beer lover. For my first Autumn here, I am learning about fresh hop beers. Mind you, every Autumn I look forward to Celebration Fresh Hop IPA from Sierra Nevada. But here in the land where hops are developed and grown, fresh hop beers are a sensory treat. They are on tap wherever you go, and fresh as you can get. Someday I hope to make my own fresh hop beer, just like @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

I’m living in the PNW, a land of riches for a beer lover. For my first Autumn here, I am learning about fresh hop beers. Mind you, every Autumn I look forward to Celebration Fresh Hop IPA from Sierra Nevada. But here in the land where hops are developed and grown, fresh hop beers are a sensory treat. They are on tap wherever you go, and fresh as you can get. Someday I hope to make my own fresh hop beer, just like @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews
It can be hit or miss, last 2 I made, one was great...the other not so much. Just remember use about 5 times as many fresh picked hops by weight and you're good to go. Probably some really good hops available near you at harvest time.

It can be hit or miss, last 2 I made, one was great...the other not so much. Just remember use about 5 times as many fresh picked hops by weight and you're good to go. Probably some really good hops available near you at harvest time.
I’m assuming by “fresh picked” the meaning is straight off the bine, undried? Is water content the reason for the multiplier?

I’m assuming by “fresh picked” the meaning is straight off the bine, undried? Is water content the reason for the multiplier?
Yes and yes. Dried hops have much less moisture, so much less weight. Compared to "fresh picked". Same amount of hops, different weight.

Liquor barn in Lexington
Might have to take a walk about one day, but Lex is a long way from here. We have a few good distributors, but very few with significant stock. “We can order that for you.” Yeah? Well so can I now.

I need to get out a little more now that Alabama finally decided to come out of the dark ages with alcohol regulation, and check out more craft distributors. All spirits sales still have to go through the state stores, though.

Might have to take a walk about one day, but Lex is a long way from here. We have a few good distributors, but very few with significant stock. “We can order that for you.” Yeah? Well so can I now.

I need to get out a little more now that Alabama finally decided to come out of the dark ages with alcohol regulation, and check out more craft distributors. All spirits sales still have to go through the state stores, though.
We can’t get have alcohol delivered in Kentucky unfortunately

After weeks of conditioning I pull a sample of the Chimay Grand Reserve clone. I deliberately reduced the ABV but it is not as dark as I thought it would be. Tasty though.
View attachment 22694
Oh wow dude the colour!
Beautiful cherry red I've never had a beer display such a beautiful blush looks great!

Please how did you arrive at that SRM?:)

Back