What are you doing with homebrew today?

I really like these. I have 2 actually
Picnic Tap 2.1 - aka Better Tap - All-in-One Super Liquid Disconnect for tight space, no beer line | no foam waste | no drips | no equal, ready to pour great glasses of beer directly from a keg or growler without beer line and drip tray. Made in USA. Low Profile Ball Lock https://a.co/d/cZat4TN
I've never seen them before neat especially for the price!

I’m getting better pours. A real cool thing that it doesn’t advertise is if you only turn the knob a touch it gets a nice foam on top at the end of a pour,like a creamer function

That's really good to hear. I just bought a handful of those low profile ball locks so I can stack kegs in my fridge.

That's really good to hear. I just bought a handful of those low profile ball locks so I can stack kegs in my fridge.
That’s my issue is I have to keep mine (2.5 gal) in a refrigerator. The low profile means I’m not moving them around every pour.

That’s my issue is I have to keep mine (2.5 gal) in a refrigerator. The low profile means I’m not moving them around every pour.

For me it was so I could fit 4 cornys in my fridge (2 small ones) and still be able to fit a fermenter.

Monitoring the early stages of fermentation on yesterday’s batch of Beach Brew. US-05 has the bubbler actively bubbling, and the ferm closet has a wonderful, bready aroma.
That second fermenter is calling out to be filled, so I keep thinking of my version of Ben’s ginger beer. Maybe on the weekend or early next week.
Also, after a chance encounter with a Cascade Brewers Society member at a local pizza joint, I’m giving strong consideration to joining their group. I attended one of their meetings as a guest, and was impressed with the group.

Monitoring the early stages of fermentation on yesterday’s batch of Beach Brew. US-05 has the bubbler actively bubbling, and the ferm closet has a wonderful, bready aroma.
That second fermenter is calling out to be filled, so I keep thinking of my version of Ben’s ginger beer. Maybe on the weekend or early next week.
Also, after a chance encounter with a Cascade Brewers Society member at a local pizza joint, I’m giving strong consideration to joining their group. I attended one of their meetings as a guest, and was impressed with the group.
Whatever you do don't skimp on the Ginger if you want the Ninjer.:p

For your perusal Herm:

All grain version.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger

GF version.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1351628/ginger-beer

Last edited:
@Trialben cool, here is the all grain version I worked up https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1369029/ginger-ninger
So you put the first dose of ginger in the mash, none in the boil, then the biggest dose as dry hop 3 days before packaging? I like ginger, but on a drinking scale I have to start low, as I could always add more.

My mistake, which I just found by reading your AG recipe again.

@Trialben cool, here is the all grain version I worked up https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1369029/ginger-ninger
So you put the first dose of ginger in the mash, none in the boil, then the biggest dose as dry hop 3 days before packaging? I like ginger, but on a drinking scale I have to start low, as I could always add more.

My mistake, which I just found by reading your AG recipe again.
Yeah it's up too you man.
I'd atleast go 100g in the boil 100g whirlpool or if you want push it into a dry hop after primary.

Recipe looks bloody good!

You won't regret it;).

If you like ginger beer (non alcohol or alcoholic )

100g in the boil and dry hop will be on par if not a little underwhelming well for me anyway.

Just to give you some perspective.

I think @Ward Chillington was gunna brew it but I'm not sure he did in the end thought better of it:p

Edit:

Hey another deciding factor is price of ginger where you live.
I grow it and buy it pretty cheep here on sunny coast so I understand it can get as high as 40$ a kg at times....

Last edited:
I'd atleast go 100g in the boil 100g whirlpool or if you want push it into a dry hop after primary.

You won't regret it;).

100g in the boil and dry hop will be on par if not a little underwhelming well for me anyway.

I think @Ward Chillington was gunna brew it but I'm not sure he did in the end thought better of it:p

Edit:

I grow it and buy it pretty cheep here on sunny coast so I understand it can get as high as 40$ a kg at times....
I got a ginger wheat with 35 gr ginger on 8 litres, all added at 15 minutes, and transferred to the fermenter.
You can clearly taste the ginger, but it doesn't have that ginger bite.
I also found that you get a bit more of a bite at higher carbonation

You won't regret it;).

Edit:

Produce of all kinds is readily available here in this part of The Shire, I mean Eugene. Plenty of sources for fresh ginger, and galingal (have both in fridge now, and turmeric root, too). Prices are reasonable, so nothing to worry about on that front.

Last edited:
I'm contemplating what to brew next.
My brew is ready to keg & bottle and I've done alot of BRY 97 brews...
Time for a difference, or maybe just 1 more?
And I want to do another simple cider. Just looking for a yeast that can handle a bit of temperature fluctuation round the 24 oC point (75 F)
Gotta check my Belgian yeast stock

All I have done today is take a hydrometer reading of my Bavarian Wheat. 1.016 (Day 6). Airlock appears to have virtually stopped but there were low to moderate bubbles in the trial jar. Still quite a bit of yeast on surface too. Expecting some more movement yet so doubt will be kegging/bottling by Saturday.

Nice colour shade somewhere between gold and amber. Pleasant dry taste at this stage and yes a whiff of banana in with the aroma.

Produce of all kinds is readily available here in this part of The Shire, I mean Eugene. Plenty of sources for fresh ginger, and galingal (have both in fridge now, and turmeric root, too). Prices are reasonable, so nothing to worry about on that front.
Ah yes that's one thing I'm forgetting your batch size!

3G yes?

Yeah so you'll be halving ish the ginger additions give or take a tenth of a G or two.

So instead of 100 in the boil 50 and so on your 100g hopstand will be plenty tasty.

Brew on:)

Back