What are you drinking right now?

A sample of the lagering Oktoberfest. Nice malty flavor, as it should, but not yet totally clear. I'll wait the 4 months.
FDD18C34-010F-40CB-B911-69EBB24263D1.jpeg

MyDSC21-163.jpg

The last bottle of my first ever Belgian Dubbel - to be repeated. Still tastes great at 9 months although the ageing didn't improve over the last 3 months. Carbonation is okay for these small glasses but head dissipating fast and defo on the edge of oxidizing.

MyDSC21-165.jpg

From a couple of days ago but none of the photos were worth posting. This only scrapes through imho but wanted to share before I head off to the recycle bank.

I wasn't going to bother with Aldi beer at least for a while due to it being too hit and miss besides relatively expensive but this caught might eye. And I don't drink a lot of coffee as I have mild tinnitus which it can set off. So...

All I can say is wow - coffee aroma is incredible (still now off the empty) - matched on the taste side too - everything seems perfectly balanced. In a word - luscious! Better than an Irish Coffee and that is something I love deeply as a treat - I had one after and it seemed bland by comparison.

Full marks from me this time. Might get a few of these in for special occasions/round off a stout session and also go searching for an extract kit to try as it would make a great St. Paddy's day brew.

Back