What are you doing with homebrew today?

Bo
IMG_20240621_083919.jpg
ttling three gallons of best bitter.IMG_20240621_083919.jpg

It's warmed up a bit.
Thinking of another beer I can do with T58.
I want to brew tomorrow, no chill so ready for fermenter the day after.
Then kegging current batch and new one on trub.
Now to decide on the brew...
And since it is past 17, I will have a brew thinking about it.
Then piri piri chicken on the braai and hopefully staying awake long enough to watch the Netherlands play France in soccer

Packaged and sent four entries to the AHA competition, NYC region. Indubitably Mild, Crocker Park Lager, Uncle Gene's Smoked Cherrywood Stout, and Hazy Juicy Chewy are up for a rigorous review. Hope they like 'em!
Indubitably Mild scored 39, or Excellent
Crocker Park scored 33, or Very Good
Uncle Gene's scored 34.5, or Very Good
Hazy, Juicy, Chewy scored 22.5, or Good

Room for improvement!

Apparently have some more work to do on the HJC. Really the first hazy I made that I thought was decent. I do think there is a wide range of expectations in this rapidly evolving category, although I am confident mine was not near the top.

Indubitably Mild scored 39, or Excellent
Crocker Park scored 33, or Very Good
Uncle Gene's scored 34.5, or Very Good
Hazy, Juicy, Chewy scored 22.5, or Good

Room for improvement!

Apparently have some more work to do on the HJC. Really the first hazy I made that I thought was decent. I do think there is a wide range of expectations in this rapidly evolving category, although I am confident mine was not near the top.
Well Done
One of the keys to the Hazy is freshness.
My 4.5% Hazy kicked the other night, I hadn't had a pour of it for a couple of weeks, it was decidedly meh the other night compared to when it was fresher

It used to come on when I got home from school each day. By the time i was in college I watched it all the time.

I remember watching it as a family on Sunday nights back in the day, like from the beginning.

Life is complicated. My wife and I had reservations next week to go on our first camping trip since moving to Oregon, but an ailing cat has changed our plans. Since I will be home, I am considering brewing a batch of beer, likely an American Wheat. Also, my batch of Nice & Smooth Stout has long been ready, so I would like to get that bottled. Beside all that, I am contemplating getting a fridge for kegged beer so I can enjoy my Amber Ale that has been kegged for over a month.

I decided to get grains to brew another batch of American Wheat. It was an excellent bike ride from home thru downtown, where I dropped off a couple homebrews with a local brewer’s assistant. Then I got to ride along and across the Willamette River to lhbs. This time Honey Malt was in stock, so i get to brew the recipe as designed.

Need to get some beer bottled today, testing out the idea of using a centrifical pump for racking(uncarbonated) beer. According to tech support at Anvil, should work without any issues...and that will make 6 pumps in the brewery(March 809 for HLT, Kegland MkII for Mash, Seaflo "Beer Pump" for boil, 2 Seaflo 21 series pumps for glycol and an Anvil for racking). In defense of having pumps on EVERYTHING, I've been pouring concrete for way too many years already, do enough lifting at work...lol

Back