What are you doing with homebrew today?

My latest brew as seen on the monthly meeting has some serious carbonation issues. Filled my 64 ounce SS thermous to go last night, took a few tries drinking the foam to fill. Later I poured myself a pint , turned my back on it and it climbed out of the glass big time!
My keg does have a new regulator on it but there was no problem with the Bunyip keg (about half empty when I replaced the regulator). Soooo, depressured the keg lowered the pressure to 3-4pounds and swapped the low pressure gage just to check it.

My latest brew as seen on the monthly meeting has some serious carbonation issues. Filled my 64 ounce SS thermous to go last night, took a few tries drinking the foam to fill. Later I poured myself a pint , turned my back on it and it climbed out of the glass big time!
My keg does have a new regulator on it but there was no problem with the Bunyip keg (about half empty when I replaced the regulator). Soooo, depressured the keg lowered the pressure to 3-4pounds and swapped the low pressure gage just to check it.
I've had beers do that. And kinda solved it just as you did - very low dispense pressure.

Waiting for priming solution to cool before dosing bottles. Once the bottles are primed, I will be filling them with Vienna Garage Lager, brewed way back on November 29, 2023. After giving these bottles some conditioning time, they will go out for some lagering in the cold garage. At least I hope the garage stays cold. After being well below freezing for a whole week during ice apocalypse, we’re now at 66F. Crazy weather.

I've been brewing! Just not posting... sorry. I did another Shuttz Nut Brown Ale today. Gotta get it ready before my dad kicks his keg from the last batch I made just before Christmas! lol Two weeks ago - I made a batch with a friend that he designed via daily homework assignments from me :)

1st assignment: I gave him 3 different Base malts and told him to research their profiles and pick one or a blend of two for a beer. (He chose VIENNA)
2nd assignment: I gave him 6 or 7 different specialty malts and had him choose no more than three to use based on his research of the profiles - I told him to start focusing on what he'd like the beer to taste like. (He chose PALE CHOCOLATE and HONEY MALT)
3rd assignment: I gave him 6 - 8 hops and told him to choose no more than 2. (He chose 1 - GR Opal)
4th assignment - we talked about malt bill percentages - 90% Vienna, 5% Pale Chocolate and 5% Honey Malt. AND we talked hop additions - 1 @ 60 minute - 24-28 IBUs.
Then I told him, we'll use 34/70 for yeast because - that's the house yeast and we'd be racking off and then on the current yeast cake.

Beer came out excellent! Reminds me of Negra Modelo - just with a bit more hop character. I'll try and post some pics once it drops Clear!

Ordered some magnetic letters for my tap list. Didn't come with numbers... ordered some of those today

20240128_175407.jpg

I'll take C:)
Going to keep checking the stupid clamps on mine until I can sample carbonated beer on Saturday.
The ESB came out just okay, going to ignore it for a couple or three weeks and see if it comes around.
Gives you plenty of time to plan your trip up to the land of Maple Syrup, Hockey, and Neil Young!

Solar dehydrator has failed me :(.
Rain rain and more rain has instead of drying my maltings and halting germination well things kept moving along
20240130_135706.jpg

See we got some green shoots :oops:
20240130_135702.jpg

This is too far along now.

So I'll run them in the oven overnight with just the fan on
20240130_154730.jpg

It's 32c ambient atm and near 100% humidity not good weather for drying things prefect for growing mould though...

Here's mu last maltings
20240130_155636.jpg
this will be used for the Quarterly.

Solar dehydrator has failed me :(.
Rain rain and more rain has instead of drying my maltings and halting germination well things kept moving alongView attachment 28249
See we got some green shoots :oops: View attachment 28250
This is too far along now.

So I'll run them in the oven overnight with just the fan onView attachment 28251
It's 32c ambient atm and near 100% humidity not good weather for drying things prefect for growing mould though...

Here's mu last maltings View attachment 28252this will be used for the Quarterly.
Wow Ben, you have your hands full. Your finished malted rice looks good, though. Brew on, mate!

Ah man seems my luck is running out of late.
Come outside and noticed glycol pump light on and temperature was up a bit.
Felt the glycol line not cold opened chamber and listening for whir of pump nope.

Took inside took apart reassemble put on 12v power it moves but then is stuck.
Somethings not happy with it
20240131_203534.jpg

Magnetic drive it looks.

So transferring that beer now
20240131_203722.jpg

Then when I look in the keezer this is staring back at me
20240131_203734.jpg

That iceberg has GROWN and is choking out my gas line!

Maybe due for a defrost ?

Man I hope it's nothing more than this :(

Felt the glycol line not cold opened chamber and listening for whir of pump nope.

Somethings not happy with itView attachment 28263
Magnetic drive it looks.

So transferring that beer now View attachment 28264
Then when I look in the keezer this is staring back at meView attachment 28265

Wow! That's sure is crap timing. Maybe your equipment is asking for a break, a little down time.:D

Somethings not happy with itView attachment 28263
Magnetic drive it looks.

So transferring that beer now View attachment 28264
Then when I look in the keezer this is staring back at meView attachment 28265

Those are usually pretty bullet proof. The only thing that kills them is if they go dry, they won't self prime and then they overheat and melt.

I went with these for my glycol system. Self priming and dead silent

CrocSee DC 12V Self Priming Diaphragm Pump Fresh Water Pump 1.3LPM, 30PSI, Food Grade Replacement Pump for Bottom Loading Water Coolers Water Dispenser, Ice Maker https://a.co/d/9TYqzvX

Those are usually pretty bullet proof. The only thing that kills them is if they go dry, they won't self prime and then they overheat and melt.

I went with these for my glycol system. Self priming and dead silent

CrocSee DC 12V Self Priming Diaphragm Pump Fresh Water Pump 1.3LPM, 30PSI, Food Grade Replacement Pump for Bottom Loading Water Coolers Water Dispenser, Ice Maker https://a.co/d/9TYqzvX
Yeah it can't not self prime when it's literally immersed in the glycol.

Looks like I gotta spring for a new one.

Back