What are you doing with homebrew today?

Had the same thing happen to my Fast Washer. Since I got one when they first came out I was actually contemplating buying another with the hope that they worked the bugs out. Apparently they haven't. When did you buy yours @RoadRoach?

(In addition to the pump thread connection breaking off, it leaked like a sieve, whether the screws were barely tightened on cranked down tight.)
The biggest secret to preventing the manifold leaks is to tighten the screws from the center outward, much like torquing down head bolts on an engine. No gasket, so go easy on the torque or the plastic sealing surfaces will be damaged

The thread on the pump connectors doesn’t leave much material to support the pumps. I actually expected what happened because of the material and the weight of the pumps. I have a feeling the washer was designed for a much lighter pump. The current one supplied may not be the original. Smartest thing for anyone who still wants to have one is to screw a fitting (1/2” hose barb x 3/8 NPT) onto the washer, and a 1/2” hose barb x 1/2” male NPT into the pump, and use vinyl or silicone hoses to connect. There’s also two 1/4 inch barbs on the washer, which I think might be for flow balance. I noticed one of my pumps has a slightly higher output than the other.

I got mine for a gift, but I’m pretty sure it came from the FF store on Amazon. (I pay the credit card bill). Repairing it (twice) after just a couple uses was a bummer, but it still beats the heck outta washing bottles one at a time. I’m still thinking something with a bit more pressure and flow and made with metal so I can use heated water for sterilization. Getting the pumps off the bottom should make it last longer.

Bottling day for the Chocolate Porter and Simcoe. I remind myself there are 8 different brews in the fridge as I wash 96 Twelve oz. bottles and 24 Twenty-Two oz. Its nice not being stuck with a keg or two.
Bottling does offer that slight advantage. Some in here, though, are probably already designing the cooling system for their garage so they can turn it into a walk-in fridge.

After the 2nd pull off the new keg I'm changing the recipe for 3 Day Weekend. Don't think I can do it any better than this.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1262118/3-day-weekend
Ummm, ‘scuse me, but if you can’t do it any better, why on earth would you change it?

I’m doing something pretty close to this with flaked corn rather than the grits. Drinking one right now actually, and I’d get pretty mean if someone tried to take it away.

image.jpg
Ginger Ninger is in the bottles. The representative sample isn’t very representative at all. The beer flowed very clear from fermenter to bottles, except for the very last one. The sample is what was left in the transfer tube after the final bottle. Oh well, it smells and tastes like a pale ale with a gingery bite, which I believe was the objective.
Thanks @Trialben for sharing your recipe.

Oh the next one will be a beauty!

I missed my hundredth unknowingly brewing probably better off that way I just might get OUT:eek::p.

(CRICKET JOKE)
Now you're brewing with crickets? :rolleyes:

(Just kidding. I heard of cricket. Even seen it once).

Now you're brewing with crickets? :rolleyes:

(Just kidding. I heard of cricket. Even seen it once).
Indeed, now there's a bit of a row over a the second test of the Ashes. Seems Australia won by paying attention? I can't say, all this is outside my experience.

Back