What are you doing with homebrew today?

I really like these. I have 2 actually
Picnic Tap 2.1 - aka Better Tap - All-in-One Super Liquid Disconnect for tight space, no beer line | no foam waste | no drips | no equal, ready to pour great glasses of beer directly from a keg or growler without beer line and drip tray. Made in USA. Low Profile Ball Lock https://a.co/d/cZat4TN
That looks slick as... well, it looks pretty slick;)
Not available on Amazon.ca, I asked my buddy who lives in Niagara Falls NY to order me a couple.

Yup, wort chillers help A LOT. You can also let it sit in your fermentation chamber for a few hours if it is sealed before you pitch. Be very,very careful about sanitation at that point. That is how I pitched my lager.

Yup, wort chillers help A LOT. You can also let it sit in your fermentation chamber for a few hours if it is sealed before you pitch. Be very,very careful about sanitation at that point. That is how I pitched my lager.
That’s a great idea!

Screenshot_20230607_084313_Chrome.jpg
My NB Permafrost White IPA batch has been going for a few days now and my Tilt and bubbler tells me not much is going on.
Started at 1.063 now showing 1.039 now not moving much.
Used Imperial B44 yeast at 66f. But did not make a starter.
Ill bump it up a couple degrees and see what happens.

So I was worried about the sg not dropping. I did bump it up but only one or two degrees F.
Since then, 14 days now my tilt still shows it dropping , today showing 1.004. Was susposed to finish at 1.019
I havent looked in the fridge since then, busy with other projects and gone, but when I get home today I'll have a look.
Hope I dont see a creature trying to crawl out the top.

Back