What are you drinking right now?

A pint or two or three at an Octoberfest celebration at one of our local breweries. Really tasty Marzen “Das Boot” that came with a souvenir boot glass to take home.
IMG_8684.jpeg

After cleaning out the kegerator and a couple of kegs. Enjoying a pint of an odd beer that is brewed with hibiscus and cranberry. Really tasty, almost has a rose wine flavor in a good way.
IMG_8685.jpeg

View attachment 30433
Left Bandon this morning, driving US 101 North to Florence, where we pulled into Homegrown Public House Brewery for a last shot of fresh local seafood and adult beverage. She is sipping Baumans Loganberry Cider, and I have HG Penny Lane Pale Ale.
My girlfriend’s mom is in Florence taking care of her brother. Florence is a cute town, liked walking downtown.

Actually the flavor does have a roasted pecan vibe. Quite tasty, but im a sucker for brown ales. Get the brown ale taste first, pecan flavor after swallowing. I’m reasonably familiar with pecans, though I’m very southern and have never roasted one in my life. The closest thing was the ones my mother put on top of a pecan pie that would make you slap your tongue for having too much fun. I’ve picked up a few bushels in my life. We had 20+ trees on our property growing up and this would be the time of year where the value of a teenager’s life (climbing trees to shake them) versus the price of pecans had a dubious margin of profit in favor of the pecans. I’ll give you three guesses what teenager I refer to and the first two guesses don’t count. I still wonder how I survived my adolescence.
lol.
Nice to hear that the pecans come through.

Back