What are you drinking right now?

Finally opened that Samuel Smith's imperial stout. I wish I could brew like this... Delicious.

59AA99E7-68F8-4974-BC48-4EE24034A756.jpeg

Ill crack it open at lunch................I just remember it being really bitter and gross......but in my 20s, I didnt like what I like now, so who knows. I used to think that sam adams was gross too and that is one of my favorite breweries (for a macro brew)
@Josh Hughes , so its actually pretty good. for a german pils it reminds me more of a czech

Actually now that I think if it, that is the traditional "Cough Medicine". At least that's what my uncles called it when they all did a shot at family gatherings when I was young,
I feel perfectly fine, but I think that a little cough medicine might just be what I need!
Let's call it a Friday night, game 6 free pour!
20240621_204940.jpg

Jura is Gaelic for Deer, the Isle of Jura = Deer Island. It is very similar to an Islay (pronounced eye law), pungent, peaty, and a little smokey. Right up my alley!
sounds good. Islay scotch is my favorite. lagavulin, bowmore, bunnahabhain, ardbeg, bruichladdich.

lagavulin 16 distillers edition is my favorite

Some Valhalla Java Cold brew this morning. Off to Cincinnati in a few. Going to Morelein brewery for a tour. Reds game this late afternoon. Father’s Day present from my pretty cool wife.
Reds look to about as good as the Blue Jays this year, not so good...

With a Scottish accent... it's rare laddie
Aye it is. Not tried many different ones TBH but I also tend to prefer the more peaty whisky from the Islands. I have had a couple of bottles of Jura 12 a few years back. My memory can be a bit hazy but if I recall correctly it has a particularly soft/smooth mouthfeel. Purely by chance too as I had ordered something else out of stock on delivery day and the supermarket substituted it with the more expensive Jura. No complaints.

Back