What are you doing with homebrew today?

I'm trying to plan my beer transfers for tomorrow. Got 2 batches to go to kegs and will try purge the kegs with CO2 before transferring.
Any suggestion to the pressure I should use? 10 psi or so?
It won't be a closed transfer

I'm trying to plan my beer transfers for tomorrow. Got 2 batches to go to kegs and will try purge the kegs with CO2 before transferring.
Never purged a keg with co2 from bottle.
But I think the pressure is irrelevant it's the volume of gas to purge out o2.
Maybe 10 -20 seconds at 10 psi should do ito_O man I'm not sure :)

I just pressure , depressure a couple times. In refinery work we did the towers a couple times to clear so that is is what I follow.
I probably use more co2 pressure than necessary but it is kinda habit.

I just hit it with “some” and burp the keg with co2 a few times after I transfer. When I’m not pressure transferring.

Looks like we are all on the same page "we just do something" :D:D

So one is going to be carbonated with sugar to replicate my previous brew and the other will get the "let's give this a try" treatment. Basically bursts of CO2, every so often till it tastes right (since I still can't keep the CO2 attached). I figure lots of bursts of about 25 psi should carbonate it eventually

Boiling a mild.
IMG_20230502_100512.jpg

My Bunyip finally started dropping gravity. It is day 3 at 65f using BRY-97. This yeast is slow to start, kinda makes me nervous a want to add more yeast.
Bunyip was my first use of BRY-97, and I have used it again on Smooth Stout and AC Pale Ale. In each case, fermentation began relatively quickly, as in a few hours after pitching. In each case, it has built a big, thick Krausen. I’m not sure of the actual temperature of fermentation, but the ambient temperature in the closet is between 60-62F.

I just checked the gravity of my latest batch of smooth stout. The expected final gravity according to the recipe editor is 1.011, but I measured 1.016, which is the same gravity that my previous batch finished. I decided to shake the fermenter to rouse the sleepy yeast, and moved it to a warmer spot in the house. Hopefully in a few days gravity will drop a few points closer to projected final gravity. We’ll see how it ends up.

Took a gravity sample on my GF pale ale ohhh boy this smells good!
Sitting at 20psi spunding at ambient.

Dank citrusy pine apricot tropical fruit thing mmmm cryo pop/ waimea dry hop

20230504_154556.jpg

I love that colour too!

Rice buckwheat quinoa who would though it.
Fermented Nova Lager yeast 19c.

Time to start chilling this baby to get it on tap:)

Last edited:
impressive Ben!
Wish I could have a sip :)

I'm waiting for my De Koninck to cool down the last couple of degrees till pitching temperature.
Been taking psi readings on my other 2 brews to keep track with what is going on

Took a gravity sample on my GF pale ale ohhh boy this smells good!
Sitting at 20psi spunding at ambient.

Dank citrusy pine apricot tropical fruit thing mmmm cryo pop/ waimea dry hop

View attachment 25285
I love that colour too!

Rice buckwheat quinoa who would though it.
Fermented Nova Lager yeast 19c.

Time to start chilling this baby to get it on tap:)
Looks fantastic!

My Bunyip finally started dropping gravity. It is day 3 at 65f using BRY-97. This yeast is slow to start, kinda makes me nervous a want to add more yeast.
Same took mine a while wi5 BRY97 made me nervous but once it took off all was well. I did have to go upper 60s

Because I have used BRY-97 before and kinda remembered the slo start I tried patience this time and left the temp lower.
When it took off it went great. I wanted to add the dry hops just as the temp started dropping from the ferment but slept through that. The temp had come already come down yesterday morning by the time I got to it to add the dry hopps.

Back