What are you doing with homebrew today?

This exciting!
I cleaned an sanitized 2 kegs, left a 3rd keg full of sanitizer. Left my new fermzilla sitting with PBW solution in it, will empty and rinse that tomorrow. I used Co2 to move liquid around, virtually no impact on my back!!!!!
You know what this means!
20230114_131632.jpg

This exciting!
I cleaned an sanitized 2 kegs, left a 3rd keg full of sanitizer. Left my new fermzilla sitting with PBW solution in it, will empty and rinse that tomorrow. I used Co2 to move liquid around, virtually no impact on my back!!!!!
View attachment 23846
Alright, good for you Craig. Don’t hurt your back lifting hefty sacks of hops:confused:

Exploring other options for bittering hops in the Bunyip (Q1 2023 BF Community Brew). I bought Warrior, but also have available Azacca, Centennial, Chinook and Simcoe. Does anybody want to chime in here?

Exploring other options for bittering hops in the Bunyip (Q1 2023 BF Community Brew). I bought Warrior, but also have available Azacca, Centennial, Chinook and Simcoe. Does anybody want to chime in here?
Are you still doing your bitter addition at 60 mins? If so, my first choice would be Warrior followed by Chinook

My opinion —-> Agree w. @Sunfire96, I’d stick with Warrior also. Distant 2nd choice would be Centennial.

All those other hops make better late additions. I found Chinook to be a bit too sharp as a bittering hop, sort of the polar opposite of Magnum.

I would love to keep hearing other opinions however.

Moved fermenter back to the garage. Time to get temp down and get it kegged to lager in my refrigerator hopefully Monday. Gravity is stable.

The only hop there that I would use for bittering would be the Warrior.

Ditto on using Warrior for bittering since you have it on hand. Centennial would work well, too (I'm a little biased on the use of the C hops). Azacca is advertised as a dual purpose hop, but I've only used it for late additions so have no clue how that would pan out.

Warrior it will be for the bittering hop in my Bunyip. Last night I read a Brulosophy Exbeeriment where a pale ale was made with only Warrior hops, and it turned out to be a great beer, so Warrior is more versatile than just bittering. Anyway, I’ll be brewing the Bunyip tomorrow.

Brewed with the Hellfire in the cold yesterday morning. I have never owned a keg or CO2 system. After watching videos and seeing the pitfalls of others, I think my new regulator works. I just hooked it up and tested it with Starsan.

image.jpg
Emptied my FerMonster, so now it’s available to fill with some yet to be brewed Bunyip.
I’m very pleased with this batch of PNW IPA, copiously hopped with Cascade, Centennial and Chinook, and clocking in at just under 7.0% abv. I look forward to enjoying this beer. The yeast cake was nicely compacted, and I’m going to slurry it up and collect a jar full for future brewing.

Caught up on the forums today, haven't really had time since before Christmas. Ordered the grain for the BF 2023 1st quarter Bunyip brew.
Brewed a Salted Caramel Porter today for my wife. She is not a fan of most of my beers, and unfortunately, she probably won't like this one either. Buy hey, at least I tried.

Cleaned my tap and line today. Thinking about how to add a 2nd one to the tower. I could leave the original tap at 0' and add another at either -45' or 45', but then it would be asymmetrical. I could also turn the tower around and add 2 holes at both 45' angles. I need to think about whether I have the room to add a 3rd keg/line in the future, because if that's the goal then -45', 0', and 45' would look best. It's a 3 inch diameter tower so I technically have room for more than 2 shanks, but it'll be tight
Beware, tap handles can collide. Look at Ben's setup, he had to cut one narrower.

But you knew that. :D

This exciting!
View attachment 23846
Working smarter no harder you beauty Craigerr.

Where there is a thirst there is a way!

Yeah magnum:p

Just read your second post yeah Warrior seems to be a great bittering hop as we know Bob357 loved it.

Back