Show me your gardening Progress

I meant on your current house. Inspect it yourself. Talk to a real estate agent, you may be surprised. Or maybe not!
Oh, yeah, was gonna go over it with a fine tooth comb and try to find anything that an inspector would make a problem out of first. Got a friend that does inspection for a living, so sorta have a little inside trading info. If I became an inspector, I’m thinking I might need a new life insurance policy. Not many sellers would like me very much.

Oh, yeah, was gonna go over it with a fine tooth comb and try to find anything that an inspector would make a problem out of first. Got a friend that does inspection for a living, so sorta have a little inside trading info. If I became an inspector, I’m thinking I might need a new life insurance policy. Not many sellers would like me very much.

That's why, as a buyer, I would insist on getting my own inspector. Any inspector that the seller is happy with is not an inspector I would trust.

It's a two way street as well if you miss stuff on an inspection it can make you look pretty ordinary.

I did one yesterday for a buyer and after I found a fair few bits of Termite damage and live termites the owner was oblivious to such things saying she had a bloke check it 3 months ago before the sale.

Was good business opportunity for me I'll be doing her pre purchase now instead of her pestie:).

That's why, as a buyer, I would insist on getting my own inspector. Any inspector that the seller is happy with is not an inspector I would trust.
You probably misunderstood my meaning. I’m that seller that won’t sell anything I wouldn’t buy. I don’t want someone like me trying to whittle my price too much, nor the headache of having to fix something someone thought I was trying to hide. I have a pretty high standard for my honesty, and have been described as honest to a fault. I would never intentionally hide a dangerous defect from a potential buyer.

PXL_20230829_235654728.jpg
PXL_20230829_235544285.jpg

r
PXL_20230829_235344637.jpg

image.jpg
Just a sample of what is coming out of our garden, except the blackberries that are growing over the back fence from the neighbor’s yard. We have many pounds more of San Marzano tomatoes still hanging, and Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, too.
Our apples are abundant, though they’ve been hammered by a codling moth infestation. We also have lots of butternut squash on the vine.
What a fun and productive year.

View attachment 26540 Just a sample of what is coming out of our garden, except the blackberries that are growing over the back fence from the neighbor’s yard. We have many pounds more of San Marzano tomatoes still hanging, and Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, too.
Our apples are abundant, though they’ve been hammered by a codling moth infestation. We also have lots of butternut squash on the vine.
What a fun and productive year.
Those moths are trouble! A regimen of horticultural oil from flower to harvest will put a dent in them.

Those moths are trouble! A regimen of horticultural oil from flower to harvest will put a dent in them.
My wife is researching our options, thanks for that recommendation. It appears that lots of apple and pear trees in our neighborhood are hit just as bad, if not worse. Interestingly, the neighbor’s tree that supplies our Gala apples doesn’t seem to be affected, while the trees right across the street from there are hammered. On another note, last year locally, apples were very sparse, this year they’re abundant - last year, our 2 trees produced 0 apples, this year we have a bunch.

My wife is researching our options, thanks for that recommendation. It appears that lots of apple and pear trees in our neighborhood are hit just as bad, if not worse. Interestingly, the neighbor’s tree that supplies our Gala apples doesn’t seem to be affected, while the trees right across the street from there are hammered. On another note, last year locally, apples were very sparse, this year they’re abundant - last year, our 2 trees produced 0 apples, this year we have a bunch.
Well, I'm not a fan of chemical insecticides. So I have done my due diligence on managing the pests I find in my garden. I'd just squish them, but they hide pretty well. So oils and certain plants and BT are my friends.

Well, I'm not a fan of chemical insecticides. So I have done my due diligence on managing the pests I find in my garden. I'd just squish them, but they hide pretty well. So oils and certain plants and BT are my friends.
BT seems to be the be-all and end-all of insecticides for any bug. Certainly most garden pests, particularly in the larval stages. But, I'm not so sure it's the BT or the soap solution used to disperse it that does the damage. I stopped Japanese beetles on my roses this year with a teaspoon of Dawn DWL in 2 gallons of water. Made some pretty cool bubbles in the process, but didn't faze the roses. I just noticed a Gypsy Moth nest in the top of my pear tree that feeds the squirrels every year. Gunna need to spray that, but will likely wait until I prune it this fall. It needs a haircut bad. The most I've ever seen on it was about 12 pears, and the bloody squirrels cut EVERY ONE of them after they were up to about baseball size. I'd spray the squirrels with an 'alternative' pest "spray", were it not for the pear tree being so short and in direct line with my neighbor's garden shed. He probably wouldn't be very happy with me, even though I did help him rebuild his deck in the past couple weeks.

BT seems to be the be-all and end-all of insecticides for any bug. Certainly most garden pests, particularly in the larval stages. But, I'm not so sure it's the BT or the soap solution used to disperse it that does the damage. I stopped Japanese beetles on my roses this year with a teaspoon of Dawn DWL in 2 gallons of water. Made some pretty cool bubbles in the process, but didn't faze the roses. I just noticed a Gypsy Moth nest in the top of my pear tree that feeds the squirrels every year. Gunna need to spray that, but will likely wait until I prune it this fall. It needs a haircut bad. The most I've ever seen on it was about 12 pears, and the bloody squirrels cut EVERY ONE of them after they were up to about baseball size. I'd spray the squirrels with an 'alternative' pest "spray", were it not for the pear tree being so short and in direct line with my neighbor's garden shed. He probably wouldn't be very happy with me, even though I did help him rebuild his deck in the past couple weeks.
Maybe the neighbor would be OK with a couple new ventilation holes in the shed?

Back