I brewed today!

image.jpg
My second batch in 6 days, this is AC Pale Ale. Looks like I’m in the ballpark of recipe projections.
Since this beer will be dry hopped, I’m using the integrated hop strainer, which worked well for me on its previous use. Time for BRY-97 to help me on the way to beer.

Brewed for the first time in six months! Just decided I had to push everything else off for a "me day". Felt really good to be back at it. I brewed and English ESB I call "Extra Bitter Barbarian". Other than missing OG by 4 points, it was a good brew day.

Extra Bitter Barbarian Apr 21 2023.jpg

Brewed for the first time in six months! Just decided I had to push everything else off for a "me day". Felt really good to be back at it. I brewed and English ESB I call "Extra Bitter Barbarian". Other than missing OG by 4 points, it was a good brew day.

View attachment 25144
Back in the saddle!

View attachment 25144
Good on ya! 4 points is a rounding error…:)

View attachment 25144
Hell yeah! Good for you

View attachment 25144
I cannot help to hit a like button when someone brews an ESB. I FINALLY get to brew in a couple of weeks, THANK GOD. I might be placing my order mid week.

View attachment 25144
Looks like it was a lovely spring day for it too!

View attachment 25144
Good onya big fella!

Like riding a bike aye muscle memory mate muscle memory ;).​

Pale ale into the fermenter 1.048 1 point above target
20230425_073525.jpg

Tried a little glycol chilling this morning to knock it down a bit.

It worked a bit but not efficient.

93%brew house on that batch now to see if it will attenuate

I ended up throwing the rice in raw uncooked it converted after the long 3+ hour mash.

Last edited:
Brewing this today
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1379875/hybrid-beer

Trying out a falling mash schedule boiling the grain first then letting it fall all the way down through the saccrification rests adding the enzymes at their temperature points until I hit protine.
Then I'll raise it all the way back up to 80c check of conversion Then sparge and then on with the boil:eek: it's gunna be a long day night lady's and gents.

Lentils buckwheat and rice it feels a little foreign weighing out the grain and looking in the bucket :p
20230506_123212.jpg

Finally, after nearly 4 months of home renovations, I'm taking a brew day. The things people do on vacation, yeah? Brewing this, a plagiarism of Bulin's 3-day weekend. I liked it better with Maris Otter malt and Citra hops, and a slight bump on the corn, so just repeating what I did last time.

2nd Sparge nearly done. Get to empty the kettle and rinse it to move to boil. I really should invest in a second kettle so I'm not running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Would be a lot more relaxed schedule to clean out the mash kettle while raising the boil kettle to temp.

Gonna drop the bittering hops for FWH and just bring them up with the boil. First wort was a little cloudy, but 1st sparge was nice and clear with good color. Nice clear 2nd sparge.

Hoping this one turns out as well as the last one did. That was a gorgeous and tasty beer.

2nd Sparge nearly done. Get to empty the kettle and rinse it to move to boil. I really should invest in a second kettle so I'm not running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Would be a lot more relaxed schedule to clean out the mash kettle while raising the boil kettle to temp.

Gonna drop the bittering hops for FWH and just bring them up with the boil. First wort was a little cloudy, but 1st sparge was nice and clear with good color. Nice clear 2nd sparge.

Hoping this one turns out as well as the last one did. That was a gorgeous and tasty beer.
Or single vessel BIAB:) I turn off the strike water heat to mash, wait 60 minutes, and drink a beer.

Back