What did you get delivered today

The Corny is less than half full, and I was super gentle placing it on the shelf. I might place something atop the shelf for future protection.
Under the shelf is better. So the shelf is resting on supports

View attachment 30387It got delivered last Friday. Thanks to my wonderful wife, I/we now have a garage refrigerator. Too bad that Corny keg sat unchilled for so many months. The Amber Ale in the keg was brewed in late February, and is essentially lifeless - it will likely end up being my first ever dumper. Soon, I will be buying one or two Torpedo kegs in 2.5 gallon size, and I will be getting back in the routine of brewing again.
I repeat the caution about the shelves: get a piece of plywood that fits tightly to put on top of the glass. Even though it’s tempered it’ll still break.

So, instead of dumping it, make it your third beer of the night whenever you have more than two. By that time your tastebuds will be off a bit and you won’t mind.

I repeat the caution about the shelves: get a piece of plywood that fits tightly to put on top of the glass. Even though it’s tempered it’ll still break.

So, instead of dumping it, make it your third beer of the night whenever you have more than two. By that time your tastebuds will be off a bit and you won’t mind.
Even though the Amber Ale was well carbonated (natural), and there is still pressure in the keg, the beer pours flat. The keg has been disconnected from CO2 for months. All I get from it is an overwhelming maltiness without any hop presence or carbonic bite. I wonder if it could be carbonated again?

Even though the Amber Ale was well carbonated (natural), and there is still pressure in the keg, the beer pours flat. The keg has been disconnected from CO2 for months. All I get from it is an overwhelming maltiness without any hop presence or carbonic bite. I wonder if it could be carbonated again?
Absolutely, re-carb any time.

It might be pressurized, but at maybe only 3 psi, which is flat. Just like the initial carbonation, put it on at 14 psi for a couple days or, if you prefer to disconnect the pressure, pop it up to 35-40 and check it daily. The co2 will soak back into the beer and the pressure will drop. If it gets to 14 or less, pump it up a bit again. When it kinda stabilizes, set the final pressure and enjoy.

Can't hurt anything. If it still isn't good, then water the pants with it. :)

Back