What are you drinking right now?

I get a mango vibe from Big Wave. It’s a goodun on a hot summer afternoon. I made something similar a couple years ago. All Citra hops in a very basic malt, 6-row IIRC. It was close, but missing something my amateur taste buds couldn’t identify. Basically a SMASH. I may have used the wrong malt, too.
I don't think I got a mango vibe from it, but it has a nice malty sweetness that I enjoyed.

Brown Ale on an absolutely perfect Fall day In NE PA. I wish the first two weeks of October lasted all year long. :)

IMG_2017.jpeg

Temperature wise - very fallish here today, but that is because it is raining. Hoping like hell that the winds from the storm dissipate quickly as it comes inland midweek. If not, it won't be good. Either way, I am sick for the people in Tampa Bay and Sarasota that haven't started to recover from the last storm. The sea walls are still in shambles over there.
I did all my chores this morning, went to a brewery, and looking at drinking one of the two Festbiers I have on hand before dinner
I picked up my stuff to brew next weekend. Hoping I don't get damage, have power, and still can.

Up next is a Turbo Dogg brown fr Abita (Louisiana) brewery. Love Andigator from there. Dogg is closer to a stout than a brown, IMO.

A pretty nice little light lager from Avondale Brewing, General Admission or could be Box Office. Not sure what the actual name is. 4.2 ABV, and very similar to a cream ale. I definitely taste corn in this. Very light color.
IMG_3806.jpeg

IMG_3807.jpeg

Very light on the palate. No clue about the IBU, but it’s definitely in the mid to low teens, if that high. No real bitterness to it. Trying to figure out what the hops are. This stuff kinda reminds me of back in the days when I had to hijack an uncle’s car (with him in the passenger seat) and go to the county line to get beer from the boot legger for camping trips with my buddies. Beer was regulated at 3.5% back then, so it took a few to get a decent buzz going, but we always seemed to get enough for something really embarrassing to happen. Thank God there weren’t any cellphone cameras back then. Think about it: a bunch of beer, a handful of teenagers, the Tombigbee River, an enormous bonfire(which really pissed off the tugboat pilots). What could possibly happen?
Now I prefer the flavor of beer to the effects of it as my purposes for drinking it. Can’t remember the last time I actually got knee-crawling-slip-sliding-reggyungin’-commode hughin’ drunk. (Anyone get the reference?) I usually quit when I feel the slightest buzz.now. Don’t find kneeling before the porcelain goddess near as much fun as it used to be, and I didn’t really like it then.

A pretty nice little light lager from Avondale Brewing, General Admission or could be Box Office. Not sure what the actual name is. 4.2 ABV, and very similar to a cream ale. I definitely taste corn in this. Very light color. View attachment 30519
View attachment 30518

Very light on the palate. No clue about the IBU, but it’s definitely in the mid to low teens, if that high. No real bitterness to it. Trying to figure out what the hops are. This stuff kinda reminds me of back in the days when I had to hijack an uncle’s car (with him in the passenger seat) and go to the county line to get beer from the boot legger for camping trips with my buddies. Beer was regulated at 3.5% back then, so it took a few to get a decent buzz going, but we always seemed to get enough for something really embarrassing to happen. Thank God there weren’t any cellphone cameras back then. Think about it: a bunch of beer, a handful of teenagers, the Tombigbee River, an enormous bonfire(which really pissed off the tugboat pilots). What could possibly happen?
Now I prefer the flavor of beer to the effects of it as my purposes for drinking it. Can’t remember the last time I actually got knee-crawling-slip-sliding-reggyungin’-commode hughin’ drunk. (Anyone get the reference?) I usually quit when I feel the slightest buzz.now. Don’t find kneeling before the porcelain goddess near as much fun as it used to be, and I didn’t really like it then.
I tilted a few on Saturday, but I havent hugged a toilet for awhile either. I kept em in the 5s last weekend and got a cheap Uber both ways.

More Golden ale. No need to ration it now that the bottles are submitted :D
View attachment 30538
You do know how to pour, that is for damn sure.
I just wanted something to sip on tonight, so ended up opening a bottle of Cabernet. My first wine of the year. Figured it would work with the rain and the wind outside. I will know in the morning, but I might luck out with that little bastard weakening and going further south. It is going to be nasty here overnight and in the morning, but maybe not a Cat 2 like they thought.

Back