What are you drinking right now?

Out of lager, out of gingery whatever (friend of mine loved it, keg got clubbed)
So now
Gordon's gin, roses lime & soda water as I ain't got any tonic

View attachment 27318
I have got some tonic and it came in quite handy when the mini-keg of London Porter I opened turned out to be about as close to flat as possible. One that I kegged before I discovered the priming calculator which has been great learning from so far. My brews are more often on the slightly gushing side so this hasn't happened too often and hopefully even less so in future.

Helles
IMG_6323.jpeg

I just finished another Wheat Ale, with a dollop of boysenberry syrup. After adding the syrup, I gave the glass a very good swirl with a cocktail spoon, which reinvigorated the already healthy head. The beer tasted great, but I did not snap a photo. Maybe I will do it again, just for proof.

Trying the first of my voss blonde.
I overfilled the keg, causing the prv to blow, so poured some in a pet bottle with a carbonation cap.
Carbonated and just to keen to try.
Not clear at all, but I was counting on that taking another week, so not surprised.
Its carbed, could have been a bit more
But very very tasty.
Light fruity (which was the idea) and no voss tang at all.
Looking forward to getting the keg sorted!
IMG_20231120_180107_243.jpg

Trying the first of my voss blonde.
I overfilled the keg, causing the prv to blow, so poured some in a pet bottle with a carbonation cap.
Carbonated and just to keen to try.
Not clear at all, but I was counting on that taking another week, so not surprised.
Its carbed, could have been a bit more
But very very tasty.
Light fruity (which was the idea) and no voss tang at all.
Looking forward to getting the keg sorted!
View attachment 27359
It’s probably picking up color from your table top, but that almost looks “strawberry” blonde.
Good for you on another successful brew!

At the moment as I prepare to begin my brew day, I am drinking a cup of English Breakfast tea, sweetened with local honey, and with just a splash of half and half.

Rakau you or more like not gunna make it to Christmas beer.

Beautiful hop flavour more so than aroma Wife said that smells like Galaxy lol.
Anything that smells remotely hoppy she says Galaxy but she's not far off!
Passionfruit pineapple and I smell a melon thing like rockmellon not sure the word over there.

hop heads TRY SOME Rakau!
Think of a Mosaic or Galaxy but with a chewy fruit vibe...
( not a big name NZ hop UNDERRATED)
20231121_165903.jpg

That head dissipates in a heartbeat but man I wish I could paired this with a pale ale / Munich Wheat malt grist it would shine nicely.

The body on the rice base don't quite cut it but sure is moreish!

Rakau you or more like not gunna make it to Christmas beer.

Beautiful hop flavour more so than aroma Wife said that smells like Galaxy lol.
Anything that smells remotely hoppy she says Galaxy but she's not far off!
Passionfruit pineapple and I smell a melon thing like rockmellon not sure the word over there.

hop heads TRY SOME Rakau!
Think of a Mosaic or Galaxy but with a chewy fruit vibe...
( not a big name NZ hop UNDERRATED)
View attachment 27375

That head dissipates in a heartbeat but man I wish I could paired this with a pale ale / Munich Wheat malt grist it would shine nicely.

The body on the rice base don't quite cut it but sure is moreish!
It sounds like I need to buy some. I just ordered, on sale 1 lb each of 2022 crop Galaxy and Amarillo $10/lb.

image.jpg
First bottle of Amber Ale, after one week of conditioning at low 60‘sF ambient temps. It smells wonderful, tastes good, but obviously needs a little more time, as carbonation is not at desired level. I will be sharing some of this with our Friendsgiving hosts tomorrow, but with a caveat - give it some time to come into its own.

Back