Second BIAB Recipe - WC IPA

So I'm on day 10 of bottle conditioning, and I decided to throw a couple of these in fridge, especially considering I think I overcarbed these because I didn't take into consideration trub and bottling loss. So I just popped them, and I'm proud to say that this is a pretty tasty beer! My first attempt at all grain ended up being kind of a disaster, so I am super excited that this is a good tasting beer! Thanks for all the help! I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops in the bottle. It's still slightly harsh and has an overwhelming orange note to the nose, but I could put back a few them with no problem.

I was wondering, I checked two bottle out of the 2.5 gallons I bottled, and they are both aggressively carbonated. Like I said, I overcarbonated these a bit. Using the NB priming calculator, I think they're probably around 2.8, instead of 2.5. Should I just throw all the bottles in the fridge now or wait a few more days? Does it matter either way?
The danger in high carbonation is whether the bottles can stand the pressure or not. Making them cold, reduces the pressure in the bottle. 2.8 is not crazy, but your mouth is a better judge.

It may take a bit longer for the harshness and orangey to mellow out a bit, like two weeks, so go ahead and Fridge em

Back