Reintroduction/ I'm back (for good?)

SabreSteve

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So I know my posts been pretty sparse on here the past couple years so I thought a reintroduction was in order.

So for those of you that don't know me I'm a homebrewer in Western New York State (currently Buffalo) who started brewing during the pandemic who has tried to keep up with it but life likes to get in the way. Long story short: had a toddler at home, wife got pregnant with twins, wife lost her job, pregnancy had complications and she was hospitalized for a month followed by NICU stays for both twins. Then we couldn't afford to stay in our quickly becoming too small townhouse and had to move in with my parents 60 miles away. That was over 2 years ago. I've brewed a few times here but things have never been super comfortable here.

The good news though is that we've had an offer accepted on a house and will be moving out sometime in June or July. Hoping to get my home brewery setup and get rolling again soon. And hopefully be more active here again

So I know my posts been pretty sparse on here the past couple years so I thought a reintroduction was in order.

So for those of you that don't know me I'm a homebrewer in Western New York State (currently Buffalo) who started brewing during the pandemic who has tried to keep up with it but life likes to get in the way. Long story short: had a toddler at home, wife got pregnant with twins, wife lost her job, pregnancy had complications and she was hospitalized for a month followed by NICU stays for both twins. Then we couldn't afford to stay in our quickly becoming too small townhouse and had to move in with my parents 60 miles away. That was over 2 years ago. I've brewed a few times here but things have never been super comfortable here.

The good news though is that we've had an offer accepted on a house and will be moving out sometime in June or July. Hoping to get my home brewery setup and get rolling again soon. And hopefully be more active here again
always good to have your own place. its good to have people to fall back on when need arises, but my mom drives me crazy, lol.

always good to have your own place. its good to have people to fall back on when need arises, but my mom drives me crazy, lol.
I mean they both do but it's mainly my dad. Let's just say living here again has been triggering in a bunch of ways and reopened a lot of old wounds.
I'm grateful but I was also ready to leave over a year ago. I had been brewing with the propane burner from his turkey fryer but I really don't feel like asking to borrow anything of his at this point

Welcome back Steve. Glad to hear things are headed towards the better.

I get it. Just lost a wife to cancer. Playing with beer is therapeutic as well as going to the beach.
She was in the hospital when I brewed the last batch, and I couldn't brew after early January for the prior batch. I had to get up at 5:30 to brew so I could go up to the hospital around the assumed discharge time.

Last edited:
Welcome back
We haven't forgotten you :)

Welcome back! It's really nice to 'see' you again.

I remember seeing your posts when I joined. That is a tough series of life events but I was really pleased to see there at the end you are still 'we'. Went to stay with my father during a trial separation just over thirty years ago - oh boy and I thought my marriage was on the rocks. Frightening what little we saw eye to eye over by that stage - beermaking being somewhere near the top of that list - beer was something you just got at the pub. Agreeing with Sandy that brewing is therapeutic. Still disagreeing with dad (note stubborn streak) sad truth is these days I keep catching myself being just like him in some ways.

Welcome back. Glad things are moving in a positive direction.

You know what sounds good? Brewing up a batch and then having some of those Buffalo wings to go with it!

Back