Help me decide on my next recipe!!

adjusted things around a bit. its a little more like an old school hoppy red now. I could add another oz of columbus to 60 mins to gain bitterness.

I will clean the tank/mill grain tomorrow for this batch. Brew it on Wednesday!

unfortunately the kolsch/prepro lager got bumpd in favor of a sour since i will need that and it actually uses more grain which is good. Probably a blueberry sour just to keep it simple!
I didn't notice that your hops are mainly cryo so you may be alright on the finishing hops.
I use 24 ounces per BBL of regular pellets as finishing hops in mine

I didn't notice that your hops are mainly cryo so you may be alright on the finishing hops.
I use 24 ounces per BBL of regular pellets as finishing hops in mine
Ya I am really tight on volume hence the cryo...pushing a 2 hl brewhouse to produce 2 finished bbls of beer.

I think that the grainbill is good. I'll look back at the hops tomorrow at work.

So the 24 ounces per BBL translates to 60 ounces for 2.5 BBL.
With the cryo, that should calculate out to 30 ish ounces.
After looking at your changes, a quick count shows more than that.
Definitely check it before you brew it.
Cheers!

So the 24 ounces per BBL translates to 60 ounces for 2.5 BBL.
With the cryo, that should calculate out to 30 ish ounces.
After looking at your changes, a quick count shows more than that.
Definitely check it before you brew it.
Cheers!
Ya I was gonna reduce things down. That ibu is higher then my double ipas at this point lol.

I might add that oz to the 60 min just to bump up the bitterness. To help balance out the malt plus it makes it a bit more of an old school hoppy red?

Ya I was gonna reduce things down. That ibu is higher then my double ipas at this point lol.

I might add that oz to the 60 min just to bump up the bitterness. To help balance out the malt plus it makes it a bit more of an old school hoppy red?
My red IPA that I'm speaking of calculates out to ~ 67 ibus and it's not too bitter.
Plus my crowd likes it.
Your crowd could be very different, you know them best
Good luck, hope it comes out great!

Man I have friends up in Asheville that we havent heard from. Not Great. So much damage.

Loral is a really nice hop and one of the noble-ish hops that i can get in Cryo. Mandarina Bavaria is an orangish flavor hop, subtle IMO.

Talking to some of the breweries in my area and we might do some beers to donate proceeds to help up there.
I knew they had some flooding up that way, but I didn't know it was THAT bad until I saw some pics today. One of my favorite Southern towns too. That monster was an absolute bitch to a whole lot of people.

I knew they had some flooding up that way, but I didn't know it was THAT bad until I saw some pics today. One of my favorite Southern towns too. That monster was an absolute bitch to a whole lot of people.
Totally ruined alot of lives.

The only positive was that it was mercifully short in the run up. There wasn't 2 weeks of stress watching this storm creep towards you. Plus on that level of destruction what can you really do beyond a few days to prep?

Prepare in advance.

If you don’t have water and food stored, you should. At least three days worth.

I replace my supplies every year on my birthday, runs under $100.

PM me if you want to know more.

Back