Favorites for a Hazy NEIPA?

There's a brewery in Louisville, KY, called Atrium that does a session haze that is 3.8%. Super crushable. It's perfect for watching football games. I try to pop in there every time I'm in town.

Those are kind of hard to find. When done well, they are very nice. I normally like places that can do them in the 5s. That way you can have the mouthfeel and still be able to drink a couple.

I use Verdant IPA yeast with starter. It works really good. Next time more hops (20g per liter) and not any boiling hops. Only in Hop Stand 80C 30min and in dry hop 10C 3 days.

Yeast actually doesn't have a lot to do with creating haze, having said that I use VOSS for my Hazies.
No boil hops (30 minute boil)
Whirlpool hops approx 7-8 grams per liter, 20 minutes at 80C
Dry hops one addition approx 11 grams per liter
VOSS works pretty quick when fermenting at 39C, I will add dry hops near the end of fermentation.
I found that adding dry hops too soon seemed to "blow the aroma out" with the Co2 escaping.
I like combinations of hops, i pick and choose between Citra, Rakau, Amarillo, Mosaic, Simcoe.
While I like Galaxy, I just don't find that it is really any better than above, and it is not worth the extra cost.
Water profile (start with 100 Calcium, and use a 3:0 ratio of Sulfates to Chlorides).
Flaked wheat and oats (10-15% each) as well as wheat malt (another 10%), along with the heavy hand of hops in the whirlpool, and in the fermenter are what give you the haze.
Haze is not the goal, but the result of what you do to get the desired soft mouthfeel and the juicy flavors from he hops.

My most recent 4.5% hazy which kicked last week.
View attachment 29764
nice, looks like orange juice

Back