Attending Oktoberfests in 2024

Also hofbrau Oktoberfestbier mat be the close to divine for me.

Bright side, maybe the young kids might learn a little something for next year. If I didn't own a lawn tractor, I would have been screwed this morning as wet at it was.
I have a Brazilian neighbor that sat on the deck with me last night drinking some Saison. That was after I had my two at the brewery across town. The way people drive around here, I have to be careful when I go out. The brewery I visited last night has album night on Friday, and that is fun. One of the girls that works behind the bar helped me immensely with my wife's celebration of life, and she is just an absolutely nice lady, but she is young, so I text her my Spotify playlists and albums with all the old shit on it. Some of the young ones at the breweries give me some hope for humanity's future. Some of the other young'uns that have no skills beyond what their thumbs can do on a phone, not so much.

My wife and I are traveling out of the country for the first time in about a week. We are going to Greece. After we had set up the trip and into at least a month of commitment, the travel agent sent out the messages that if any of us wanted to we could spend a couple of days in Germany. We jumped at the chance. Right at the beginning of the Oktoberfest. I have no idea what to expect, but am really looking forward to it.
Expect a large carnival with rides for the kids and adults, and a dozen or more beer tents that hold much more than a thousand people. Seating is indoor at picnic tables, they bring beer and food to you, and everybody's your friend. Most people speak some English, engage with the locals. Not 'cheap' but fair pricing given the atmosphere.

Back