Attending Oktoberfests in 2024

Josh Hughes

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I know quite a few of us love to go to seasonal festivals and Oktoberfest season is close. Post pictures and information about the ones you are going to.

Tomorrow is my first one. A little early I know. Maysville Ky. This is the third time I’ve went. It’s close, 30 minutes so I’m not sure why I haven’t been more often. Last 2 times they had Spaten on tap and food trucks from Cincinnati for Brats and other German food.
https://maysvilleoktoberfest.org/

In September I’ll go to Columbus Oh for theirs. It’s much bigger obviously. Last year they had Hofbrau Festbier and Dunkel, Paulaner Marzen and lots of craft I didn’t drink since I was at Oktoberfest:) plenty of great booths and food there. https://columbusoktoberfest.com/

First weekend of October I’ll host my third Joshtoberfest with home brewed Festbier and Marzen with grills brats and other German foods.

Both events look like fun!

Our taproom has our first one tomorrow called AUGtoberfest. The official release of our marzen beer on draft and in cans. It's mostly a fun excuse for our regulars to show up in lederhosen and drink out of liter steins :)

Our main event is next month called Rocktoberfest featuring live music all day, food trucks, the whole shebang.

Maysville Oktoberfest today. We had a blast! Mettwurst to eat for me and Sophie and my wife had Geotta. They had Spaten Marzen, Warsteiner’s Pils, dunkel, and Oktoberfest on tap. I had Spaten’s and Warsteiner’s Oktoberfests. Both were quite tasty as expected. My wife like Spaten better. They were quite different so for me it was a matter of if I wanted a Marzen (Spaten) or Festbier (Warsteiner). Last pic is Sophie try the chicken dance. We came with a buddy, his wife and 2 kids.

Attachments

• IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 18
  • View recent photos.jpeg
    View recent photos.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 13
Hey Josh Hughes,
It sounds like you had a fantastic time at there. What other activities did you enjoy at the festival besides the food and beer?

Our taproom has our first one tomorrow called AUGtoberfest. The official release of our marzen beer on draft and in cans. It's mostly a fun excuse for our regulars to show up in lederhosen and drink out of liter steins :)

Our main event is next month called Rocktoberfest featuring live music all day, food trucks, the whole shebang.
sounds like fun!

We have the (self proclaimed) biggest Barvarian Fest in Canada 20 minutes away in Kitchener/Waterloo, oddly, I have never been. The whole drinking and driving thing, and raising kids after moving to this area are my excuses. Kids are adults now, so much for that excuse now...

Kitchener Ontario was originally called Berlin, they changed the name to Kitchener shortly after WWII.

https://www.oktoberfest.ca/?gad_sou...FJtgDWnDW54II-0R-TfYqsD0fT7CDgnAaAu5sEALw_wcB

When I know I am having more than a couple 20 minutes away, that is when the phone comes out and the Uber App gets selected.

My wife and I are traveling out of the country for the first time in about a week. We are going to Greece. After we had set up the trip and into at least a month of commitment, the travel agent sent out the messages that if any of us wanted to we could spend a couple of days in Germany. We jumped at the chance. Right at the beginning of the Oktoberfest. I have no idea what to expect, but am really looking forward to it.

Hofbrau Festbier and Paulaner Oktoberfest for me. Hofbrau Dunkel for Kim. Liter 3 depends on how long Sophie plays. Great place for kids

Attachments

• IMG_6375.jpeg
    IMG_6375.jpeg
    499.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6373.jpeg
    IMG_6373.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6361.jpeg
    IMG_6361.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6358.jpeg
    IMG_6358.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0987.jpeg
    IMG_0987.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 8
I’m thinking another hofbrau Oktoberfestbier. May be my last post of the day. What a great time though. I also got a lowenbrau half liter glass for $15. Weather is upper 60s F. Great day. Kim is driving all is well

Damn! It was about 10 degrees warmer than that at 7am when I was starting the lawn.
"Kim is driving". That is a good lady.

Kims is awesome. Sophie is playing and we are taking turns watching her. They have inflatables so she is playing.

We got a shit load of rain last night, I actually called out football game since lighting and the ass beating and temp is perfect today. 21-0 after 9 minutes of the first quarter before our second lightning delay. No reason to keep playing.

We are young and QB and Center hurt last week.

Back