2024 4th Quarter recipe

Donoroto

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
In tonight's Zoom call, Josh selected @Yooper as the brewer of the quarter.

So, we'll await her response: What should we all brew this quarter?
Stand by...

Screenshot 2024-08-31 184214.jpg

In tonight's Zoom call, Josh selected @Yooper as the brewer of the quarter.

So, we'll await her response: What should we all brew this quarter?
Stand by...

View attachment 30288

Well.......................if anyone knows me at all I love IPAs. I have a pilsner on tap, but two IPAs and seltzer water.
BUT.........a well made British beer is an outstanding beer.
What do you think about a lower ABV British beer? Maybe a mild.....or a nice ordinary bitter?

Well.......................if anyone knows me at all I love IPAs. I have a pilsner on tap, but two IPAs and seltzer water.
What do you think about a lower ABV British beer? Maybe a mild.....or a nice ordinary bitter?
I'm always going to vote IPA :D

Your choice, but I am planning on making an upper 4s to lower 5s English Oatmeal Porter next but cheating with some Munich if that helps LOL If you come up with a good Bitter recipe with an ESB color, I might think about thay in the wintet for sure.

Yooper, I was bragging to Josh the other night about Homestate which is about 15 minutes from the west end of Disney. They do a Pub Ale which is in the 4s, the color of an ESB, and it is outstanding. It would be an ESB except for the alcohol.

What WE think is irrelevant. Pick a recipe YOU like and have brewed enough to know. We'll follow wherever you lead.

I would be down with a British ale, I don't think that we have done one in the Comminity brew before. It is your choice though of course:)

Yooper, I was bragging to Josh the other night about Homestate which is about 15 minutes from the west end of Disney. They do a Pub Ale which is in the 4s, the color of an ESB, and it is outstanding. It would be an ESB except for the alcohol.

oooooh, about where is it? I am thinking of heading over to Disney the week after Thanksgiving or maybe earlier in November and would love to stop in there! I'd be coming from the west, and it might even be on my route. Or at least, I can make it so!

What WE think is irrelevant. Pick a recipe YOU like and have brewed enough to know. We'll follow wherever you lead.

Ok, let me look at my old favorites. I really did like the mild I did in about 2008 as part of a homebrewtalk.com challenge, where we did 10 milds with 10 brewers, and packaged and shipped on day 10. It was low ABV, so definitely not a winter warmer or ESB but it was eminently drinkable!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/project-10der-and-mild-10-milds-in-10-days-in-month-10.77758/

It just sounds really really good to me again!

Maybe it is because I'm not a member, but every time I visit Homebrewtalk, my computer gets violated. S#!+ just pops up everywhere. o_O

But I think a Mild sounds fantastic...even though I thought for sure we were getting an Oatmeal Stout. :)

Mild it is! Love that concept. Pick one of them, make it public, and we all will bombard you with questions.. er, order the ingredients and get brewing!:p

Everyone, meet at Yoopers to swap bottles!

oooooh, about where is it? I am thinking of heading over to Disney the week after Thanksgiving or maybe earlier in November and would love to stop in there! I'd be coming from the west, and it might even be on my route. Or at least, I can make it so!
It is in the Horizon West area right off of 429. Obviously, things will switch here and there, but they do make good beer.
I haven't been there since before my wife got sick, but there is also New York Beer Project about 3 miles from Homestate.

Last edited:
Josh picked? What happened to our official name picker Sophie?
Don’t tell her haha. She was at a birthday party. She did see the jar, since I left it out accidentally and asked. I told her around Christmas. :)

It all depends on the ingredients needed ;)

Back