Intelligible explanation of using a Klarstein Mundschenk XXL?

Brewer #428840

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I (along with my wife) am at the very beginning of becoming a home brewer, and have been reading a lot of material that is gradually making the process clearer for me. As part of this I just recently joined Brewer's Friend.

My main stumbling block right now is that we bought a Klarstein Mundschenk XXL unit and the "instructions" are a combination of very poor translation from German plus not really being instructions. Does anyone have a reference to practical written or spoken (video) instructions/explanation as to how to use this piece of kit to perform the various mashing/lautering/sparging/boiling operations (in English, Spanish, French, etc.)? I have seen various videos that purport to do this, but that are either lacking in any spoken explanations, and/or assume the knowledge that I lack.

I have other questions, but for now I will leave it at that. I would be very appreciative of any help anyone can offer on this issue.

(We are living in a small town in Spain called Xeresa, about an hour south of Valencia.)

Cheers,

Ken Hansen

Seems pretty straight forward.

Is this the instructions you have?

Attachments

• 10030521_BDA_DE-EN-ES-FR-IT_240601_080945.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
Hi. Thanks for your replies. I have of course received and read the manual that comes with the machine. My problem is that (1) it only says (very roughly) how to operate the controls, not providing any explanation of using the machine for the various phases of the brewing process; and (2) it is generally incomprehensible. Here is an example:

“If you press STOP button to skip all the step, machine stop working, and display shown END, bell ringing for 30s, press the STOP button again enter to BLANK PAGE.”

This does not seem pretty straight forward to me. I am asking for a pointer to a resource that actually explains how to use this particular machine to perform a basic brew.

Best wishes,

Ken

You are a good woman @Zambi

Where are you stuck @Brewer #428840 ?

The basics of brewing get simplified with an all in one but that's where you need to follow the manufacturer's rules and not your own version of the basics!

A quick read of the download manual and I can see plenty that would confound a newbie...don't worry, you're in good company..we have all been there in one way or another. So let's start at the beginning..what part of the process has you scratching your head?

Will this be your first ever brew?
I'm sure we can help, but we need to know how far back to go.
Maybe this helps?

I don't use an all in one, but the idea is to program it to first mash, then boil in the same machine.

“If you press STOP button to skip all the step, machine stop working, and display shown END, bell ringing for 30s, press the STOP button again enter to BLANK PAGE.”

This does not seem pretty straight forward to me. I am asking for a pointer to a resource that actually explains how to use this particular machine to perform a basic brew.

Ufft..I see what you mean...my recommendation is the assemble the thing, dump a few gallons...sorry...liters of water in it then start pressing buttons under the manual instructions to get a feel for the thing's firmware. I'd say that's a good rainy day project. Short of a step by step video from "Das Hersteller, du bist allein!

Zambi! Perfect again! Du bist die Brewer's Freund!

Und meine Deutche ist neicht zu gute!

Danke schön
My German is pretty poor as well, although I can understand it and read it

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I have of course received and read the manual that comes with the machine. My problem is that (1) it only says (very roughly) how to operate the controls, not providing any explanation of using the machine for the various phases of the brewing process; and (2) it is generally incomprehensible. Here is an example:

Best wishes,

Ken
Ah. There are two basic parts to brewing: how to brew, and how to use your equipment to brew.

That manual is for the second part only.

We can help with the first part.

It may take a few hours of fooling with the equipment to try and understand what those instructions really are trying to say, and figuring it out for yourself how to do it.

The problem is, if you're not sure how to brew in the first place, then you're not even sure what you're looking for or looking at. That Palmer book that someone above recommended is the way that most of us have learned how to brew beer. Another good thing would be to find someone nearby who you can watch brewing beer and thus understand the process.

We can give you an overview of the process, which is pretty simple when you get down to it, but the devils in the details and that is good information to know. Certainly either your local library or bookstore, or perhaps someone online, has a book that explains how to brew beer. The Palmer book is a good one, but there are many others, you should go find one.

The University of You Tube must have something to help...

Ken, I have the same Klarstein all-in-one that you have. But perhaps you've been able to figure it out by now--or sent it back.
But let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

Ken, I have the same Klarstein all-in-one that you have. But perhaps you've been able to figure it out by now--or sent it back.
But let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

No, he took his ball, sent a unfavorable message to our support email address, and went home.

No, he took his ball, sent a unfavorable message to our support email address, and went home.
You guys don't make this product? What is pissed at you for?

You guys don't make this product? What is pissed at you for?

Because he was very angry that people were telling him the basics of brewing, when he already read a little about it. He didn't want help with that- only with how to work the machine. It was so wrong of the group to assume he didn't know how to brew I guess.

Because he was very angry that people were telling him the basics of brewing, when he already read a little about it. He didn't want help with that- only with how to work the machine. It was so wrong of the group to assume he didn't know how to brew I guess.
At least one or two of us asked how much experience he had.
Anyhow
@JohnJMurphy I'm sure your offer would have been appreciated if he were still around.

And since I'm interested: how do you get on with the Klarstein? Is it any good?

ah, I see. to be fair, he really didn't know how to brew. *shrugs*

Back