Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

Judging by his comment it seems that he's referring to "proofing down".
Spirits off the still are pretty stiff (up to 80% ABV off a pot still, 90+ off a
reflux column). They're "proofed down" with distilled water, and in the case
of whiskey's, rums, and other spirits aged on wood, they're still around
60+ ABV as they're going in the cask (cask strength). Once aged on wood
they'll be proofed down further to 40% usually.
That was my understanding of the term as well.

Pizza and Bourbon at my daughters place tonight!
20240426_184312.jpg

Carrying this over where it belongs
Screenshot_20240621_214345_Chrome.jpg

I have never had, or even heard of the bunnuhabhain!

I have never, ever seen it before!

Looks like they ship to NY, I have a buddy in Niagara Falls NY, will have to get him to order and smuggle a bottle up here!

So I am having another dram of the 12 year old Jura for proper tasting notes. It starts off smooth on the pallette, but has a strong peaty finish that lingers. The peat is not exactly subtle, but also is not overpowering. The Islays, and the other Island whiskeys are my favorite single malts, this one is one that wouldn't be too overpowering for someone who prefers Highlands, or Irish whiskeys.

When everythink went WOKE and even Disney movies were being taken off the shelves a couple years ago, I bought the whole DVD series of Little Rascles as I figgured you would never see them again.

When everythink went WOKE and even Disney movies were being taken off the shelves a couple years ago, I bought the whole DVD series of Little Rascles as I figgured you would never see them again.
Yes. And don't get me started about Bugs Bunny.

They probably haven't played a bunch of those in a lot of decades. They were pretty bad toward the Japanese when they made some of those cartoons.
Don't think Speedy Gonzales would be too receptive in today's political correctness either.
You don't see that much of Rocky & Bullwinkle these days (the real ones from the 60's). Those were a riot. I started watching the old TCM movies years ago, and I love Edward Everette Horton (Fractured Fairy Tales) in the old movies too.

I have nearly all the original buggs bunny, roadrunner, Sylvester, tweety. Etc. Before they removed elmers gun and gave him a club (but sure how that is better)
I could only tolerate the newer ones for a couple of minutes. They took away everything that made them funny all the way back into the 30s and 40s. Didnt know about the club. That is really, really stupid.

You know what? Lets just take everything human away from us and not let us make fun of ourselves or anything else. You would end up with... wait.. our modern shitty pop music, rap garbage, crappy cartoons, and young people that are brain dead. Congratulations. LOL

Back