Water Chemistry target profiles

Brewer #404298

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am doing this wrong.

I added a couple "target profiles" for brown ales I want to hit under My Brewing/My Profile/Water Profiles.

In the water chemistry section of a brew session, I assumed source profile (Abbeville-profile I created from a water test) was my source water (tap, ro, etc) and the target profile is what I am trying to replicate. These brown ale targets don't show up in the recipe/water chemistry, but if I go to My Brewing/My Water Calcs, it is there. Shouldn't I be able to do the work straight from the recipe and/or save it there? It would be specific to that brew day.

Attachments

• Water Calc.jpg
    Water Calc.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 24
Maybe I am doing this wrong.

I added a couple "target profiles" for brown ales I want to hit under My Brewing/My Profile/Water Profiles.

In the water chemistry section of a brew session, I assumed source profile (Abbeville-profile I created from a water test) was my source water (tap, ro, etc) and the target profile is what I am trying to replicate. These brown ale targets don't show up in the recipe/water chemistry, but if I go to My Brewing/My Water Calcs, it is there. Shouldn't I be able to do the work straight from the recipe and/or save it there? It would be specific to that brew day.
The chemistry brew session section hasn't been updated in awhile, and is a remnant of when the lines were blurry between brew sessions and recipes. If you look at the recipe builder you'll see your custom water profiles will show up as both source and targets, they only show in the brew session chemistry as a source as described in the water profiles page, see below.

1720963518393.png

1720963476870.png

@Brewer #404298, rice purity test

It sounds like you're on the right track with setting up your water profiles. It's indeed a bit confusing with the current setup. As Pricelessbrewing mentioned, using the recipe builder for your custom water profiles is the best way to ensure they appear correctly as both source and target profiles.

For now, you might want to do your detailed water calculations in the recipe builder and then apply those adjustments during your brew session. This way, you'll have everything aligned for your brew day.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any more questions or run into any issues.

Back