Warning; Boil kettle capacity (30L) exceeded

DylanD

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I keep having this warning message when I run the Quick water requirements:

'Warning; Boil kettle capacity (30L) exceeded', but the pre-boil estimate is still ok (safe) at 28L.

1721835258243.png

I have a 30L boil kettle and a 48L max capacity cool-box for mashing. In 'My Equipment profile', my Mash Tun capacity is set at 48L. Is the Mash Tun Volume the maximum it can handle (48L)? Because this number seems to attach itself to the profile name.
Thank you
Dylan

Hello,
My profile has my kettle volume as 30L:
1721930798895.png

I am confused how the mash tun capacity has such an effect on numbers e.g. when I try to set up a new profile, 48L (mash tun capacity) somehow attaches itself to the new profile name!
1721930938698.png

You're right. It does seem to be the mash tun volume that dictates the number up there. I played around with it a bit, and that's what I'm seeing too.

Not just me then! Thank you for checking that out Flying Weasels.

Hello,
I keep having this warning message when I run the Quick water requirements:

'Warning; Boil kettle capacity (30L) exceeded', but the pre-boil estimate is still ok (safe) at 28L.

View attachment 30039

I have a 30L boil kettle and a 48L max capacity cool-box for mashing. In 'My Equipment profile', my Mash Tun capacity is set at 48L. Is the Mash Tun Volume the maximum it can handle (48L)? Because this number seems to attach itself to the profile name.
Thank you
Dylan
Sorry for the delay, definitely need to go through and document some the "equipment estimates" features and troubleshooting more.

What this is saying is that the equipment volumes and losses don't align with your recipe volumes and it's saying based on your equipment, you should be using more water than you're using in the recipe builder.

I logged into your account and it looks like the issue is the hop absorption is extremely high, notice your recipe screenshot about is showing 15L absorbed from 100g of hops!

Ah, thank you priceless brewing for looking into this, it looks like I copied the wrong number there:much appreciated.

Back