Transfer Pump

Brewer #416886

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a cost efficient pump to use for transfering wort from kettle to fermenter and fermenter to bright tank? I'm brewing around 60 and avoid a gravity fed system will save a lot of hassle.
I'm also a bit worried about the extra risk of infection but a pump seems like a logical solution for a side by side solution.
My kettle is an all in one from Brewmonk, and will transfer to a Brewtech 50L fermenter on the elevated legs.
Thanks for any advice.

Can anyone recommend a cost efficient pump to use for transfering wort from kettle to fermenter and fermenter to bright tank? I'm brewing around 60 and avoid a gravity fed system will save a lot of hassle.
I'm also a bit worried about the extra risk of infection but a pump seems like a logical solution for a side by side solution.
My kettle is an all in one from Brewmonk, and will transfer to a Brewtech 50L fermenter on the elevated legs.
Thanks for any advice.
whatever you get, be sure that it can handle boiling temps so that you can burn it by recirulating hot wort through it at the end or during boil. Stainless is obviously the paragon of materials.

recirculating high temp for a while is a very easy way to be sure that your hoses and fittings are sanitary. plus it can help with cooling or whirlpooling if that is something you are interested in doing.

whatever you get, be sure that it can handle boiling temps so that you can burn it by recirulating hot wort through it at the end or during boil. Stainless is obviously the paragon of materials.

recirculating high temp for a while is a very easy way to be sure that your hoses and fittings are sanitary. plus it can help with cooling or whirlpooling if that is something you are interested in doing.
Thanks. The kettle has a built in recirculation pump

I have had the blichman riptide for years. Never given me any trouble.

Your can look on ebay for "march" brand pumps too. I got one for $30 once. Still have it, still works.

I have two (very old now!) March pumps. I think the number is something like 805, but I bought them in about 2009 so can't recall exactly. They work really great, and I've pumped hot wort through them to sanitize and recirculate during mash and sometimes boil, and with whirlpooling and they still run perfectly.

For transferring these are by far the easiest to work with and only $60
Screenshot_20240828-161121.png

One other thing worth mentioning. You can buy the best pump out there. But right at or near boiling. A pump will not pump! The extra suction lowers the boiling point and it will just cavitate.

Also, most if not all home brew pumps are centrifugal, meaning they have to be primed, they won't pump air. Keep that in mind when setting up.

Back