rapt pill

Mastoras007

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
i'm thinking to buy rapt pill anyone use it?
can i use this for pressure fermentation?

I have one I bought about 1 -2 years ago. I like it works well, and I like the tracking on the website. If you have a paid profile on Brewfather it will integrates with that as well.

Like to keep track of my batches, and be able to come back later to review. For battery life I think I have three batches done since the last charge, is floating in beer now and says 86% battery life left. That is with changing it send data every 15 Min(default is once an hour). I like that it will send information to the cloud via wifi without any other equipment needed, and the price isn't bad. Only issue is you have to take apart to charge, and then recalibrate once you put back together. Only takes a minute or two to do the recalibration, but still would be nice to not have to do.

As far as under pressure it depends on what you want it to do. Will it get you the correct final gravity? No. Will it allow you to track when fermentation is done and how quickly the gravity is dropping? Yes.

The issue is carbonation in your beer. When you ferment under pressure you will carbonate your beer. Just like your hydrometer this will cause issues for the pill and other floating hydrometers. I have not found a calculator that will adjust for this, but still is better to see the gravity dropping without taking samples, and if you want to know at the end you can take a sample.

th
I have one I bought about 1 -2 years ago. I like it works well, and I like the tracking on the website. If you have a paid profile on Brewfather it will integrates with that as well.

Like to keep track of my batches, and be able to come back later to review. For battery life I think I have three batches done since the last charge, is floating in beer now and says 86% battery life left. That is with changing it send data every 15 Min(default is once an hour). I like that it will send information to the cloud via wifi without any other equipment needed, and the price isn't bad. Only issue is you have to take apart to charge, and then recalibrate once you put back together. Only takes a minute or two to do the recalibration, but still would be nice to not have to do.

As far as under pressure it depends on what you want it to do. Will it get you the correct final gravity? No. Will it allow you to track when fermentation is done and how quickly the gravity is dropping? Yes.

The issue is carbonation in your beer. When you ferment under pressure you will carbonate your beer. Just like your hydrometer this will cause issues for the pill and other floating hydrometers. I have not found a calculator that will adjust for this, but still is better to see the gravity dropping without taking samples, and if you want to know at the end you can take a sample.
theanks for reply.
You mean will not take correct final gravity because of carbonation?
i want to carbonate right after fermentation ends, but i dont want to remove pil from inside.
without paid profile can i have saved historical data?

Correct the carbonation will throw of the reading of the pill, but will let you know when it stops changing. If you do not ferment under pressure I have found it to be fairly accurate. It will vary some. On the Rapt site you can set profiles when you start a brew to log in and set a profile, and when you are done you can stop it. This site is free. You can turn on/off Temp, Gravity, Change per day, ABV, Battery, and Signal strength. You can also export the data to look at in excel or google sheets. Everything is on the Rapt website, you just have set up an account and register your device, and you can have many devices.

I have attached a screen shot of a Kölsch I did and the first page of my saved profiles. I can open any of these at any time. It like to to compare different temp, different yeast, and different beers to help figure out what went right, and what went wrong.

Attachments

• Profiles.png
    Profiles.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Rapt Screen Shot.png
    Rapt Screen Shot.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 14
Should have mentioned. Depending on where your located the Pill in not sold in the USA, but if you go to AliExpress you can find some good deal that ship direct from China, you just have to wait a little longer to get. That is where I bought mine. On that site you can buy from Kegland. Just did a search and found one for $50 with the wireless charger installed. This would allow you to charge and adjust setting without opening, and recalibrating. Not a bad price compared to the tilt.

I can't see your screenshots you must upload different way.
I can found it here in Greece for 60€
Sounds good, very good, i think I will Go for it

Back