Placement of CO2 tank???

cosmo65

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I built a keezer a couple of years ago and I placed the CO2 tank inside the keezer. Is this the best place for it, or should it be outside?
It seems to work fine, but I do get a lot of foamy beer during warm weather. Does cold CO2 have anything to do with foamy beer?

I built a keezer a couple of years ago and I placed the CO2 tank inside the keezer. Is this the best place for it, or should it be outside?
It seems to work fine, but I do get a lot of foamy beer during warm weather. Does cold CO2 have anything to do with foamy beer?
Co2 pressure is temp dependant. at 60F co2 is 750psi, at ~30F co2 is 500 psi.

Since you serve at 12psi, it makes zero difference

Well, based on my little experience, if you have beer pipe out the refrigerator and even the tap....on hot days,the 2 or 3 first beer are foamy, time for everything to get cold .....but if you don t use straight behind and wait too long ....same same, couple of first beer really foamy ... Hope that help

Well, based on my little experience, if you have beer pipe out the refrigerator and even the tap....on hot days,the 2 or 3 first beer are foamy, time for everything to get cold .....but if you don t use straight behind and wait too long ....same same, couple of first beer really foamy ... Hope that help
Really has nothing to do with the co2 though. Its just pressure to carbonate and push the beer out.

Really has nothing to do with the co2 though. Its just pressure to carbonate and push the beer out.
I agree but every time we don t use the tap for a while, again high temperature, needs 2 really foamy beer to become cold and deliver proper beer

I agree but every time we don t use the tap for a while, again high temperature, needs 2 really foamy beer to become cold and deliver proper beer
Then you should install a small fan to cool the tower

I don't disagree with that. Taps and lines that are outside the kegerator warm up and it will foam.

Location of co2 tank doesn't cause it.

Back