Part Time

The Brew Mentor

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it's been a long road and I've finally decided to slow down a bit and go Part Time.
I don't actually think that I can slow down, but less hours will be at work.
I hired and trained a brewer/wine maker a little over a year ago. He has taken on all the Beer and Wine production. He also handles a bit of the "Wine on Premise" which is winemaking with our customers.
My business partner handles the Bar Staff scheduling and issues along with everything else that he has always done.
I still run the retail and manage the brewer, production schedule, building maintenance, some events, etc.
We've changed the overall hours of both the retail and bar to make more sense, at least that's what we think, and that requires me to be at the shop for less hours overall.
So...Part Time!
We'll see how it goes and if needs change, but I'm ready.
Brian

Well, it's been a long road and I've finally decided to slow down a bit and go Part Time.
I hired and trained a brewer/wine maker a little over a year ago. He has taken on all the Beer and Wine production. He also handles a bit of the "Wine on Premise" which is winemaking with our customers.
My business partner handles the Bar Staff scheduling and issues along with everything else that he has always done.
I still run the retail and manage the brewer, production schedule, building maintenance, some events, etc.
We've changed the overall hours of both the retail and bar to make more sense, at least that's what we think, and that requires me to be at the shop for less hours overall.
So...Part Time!
Brian
Good luck I retired from my main job, then took a part time job and now I fiscally working harder

So...Part Time!
Brian
Congratulations

So...Part Time!
Brian
For many, retirement or 'part time' does not mean less work, it means less work imposed on you, replaced by work you Want to do. You won't slow down, it is not in your nature, but the work you do will be things that you choose, not what the system chooses for you.

It takes a little getting used to, but it really is a lot of fun. And, good for you, as you can do it all on your own terms.

Congrats! I just quit my part-time job at a local brewery to move across the country. It's weird not being able to brew anymore. Hopefully, you find time to pursue new hobbies or opportunities.

Congrats! I just quit my part-time job at a local brewery to move across the country. It's weird not being able to brew anymore. Hopefully, you find time to pursue new hobbies or opportunities.
Oh, you can brew. Maybe on a wildly different scale, but even brewing a gallon with extract in a spaghetti pot is brewing...

Oh, you can brew. Maybe on a wildly different scale, but even brewing a gallon with extract in a spaghetti pot is brewing...
I plan on it. I just need to get a homebrew set up going after I find an apartment.

The plan is 5 gallon batches in an all in one system ( not decided which one yet as they all have issues), and brew every 2-3 weeks or as needed. At least that's the starting point.
I love the gravity system I designed and built and may reproduce it if I don't like the choices available.
We'll see

Back