Dan O

Trial Member
Reaction score
I would like to introduce myself. Call me Dano. I have been brewing for 40+ years on and off. Started with extracts and went to all grain, but now am back doing extracts. I also like to make wine and liqueurs. I have a fruit wine garden and grow 7 varieties of hops. Looking forward to interacting with the forum.

Welcome to BF!

Welcome!
What sort of beers do you like?
And what hops are you growing?

Very few beers I don't like. As my wife likes dark beers I brew porters, dunkles, stouts. I can crush pale ales, ipas , and other hoppy american beers. I have a brew area in my garage where I can regulate temp. I am growing Cenntenial, Chinook, Magnum, Nugget, Cascade, Tahoma, and Mt. Hood hops. The hops are getting close to harvest time and I was thinking I might try wet hopping for the first time. Maybe like a Sierra Nevada pale ale style. Any ideas? I am not hard core. It's a hobby I enjoy in my retirement. Thanks for the replies. Dano

Very few beers I don't like. As my wife likes dark beers I brew porters, dunkles, stouts. I can crush pale ales, ipas , and other hoppy american beers. I have a brew area in my garage where I can regulate temp. I am growing Cenntenial, Chinook, Magnum, Nugget, Cascade, Tahoma, and Mt. Hood hops. The hops are getting close to harvest time and I was thinking I might try wet hopping for the first time. Maybe like a Sierra Nevada pale ale style. Any ideas? I am not hard core. It's a hobby I enjoy in my retirement. Thanks for the replies. Dano
I wet-hopped a beer several years ago with Centennial. I did not notice much difference to my usual pellets, but I strongly believe that I miscalculated the amount and used too little. Beer was ok, just not spectacular.

Welcome, I also have quite eclectic tastes in beer and wine. I try pairing according to meals although don't always get that right but it is still as you say an enjoyable and rewarding hobby.

Thanks for all the replies. Just checked the hops this morning. Not quite ready. Still pretty firm. Not sure about wet hopping. Might just dry them and go with the tried and true.

Back