Lyme Disease (Suspected)

Craigerrr

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I had a few difficult weeks recently. My wife had noticed an insect bite on the back of my leg (behind the knee), but I had no pain or itchiness from it, didn't even know it was there, but we didn't think too much about it. A short time later I got a fever, chills, aches and pains, actually felt like I had arthritis. Thought I had a flu, although no respiratory symptoms. The fever seemed to resolve after a week, but returned 4 or 5 days later. We thought that it was heat exhaustion as I was working my tail off on a deck project at the trailer, and it was HOT and HUMID. A few days later these red blotches appeared all over my torsou arms and legs. That is when we realized something was going on, these were all symptoms of Lyme disease. After 10 hours in the ER getting tests,waiting for results, more tests, and more waiting, Doc gave me a script for antibiotics for suspected Lyme. After 1.5 weeks on antibiotics, I am feeling pretty much normal again (Barb says "well...."). We caught it early, so early that tests may not actually confirm it as it takes a number of weeks for the body to start producing the antibodies that would confirm it.

Glad to hear you caught it early enough to treat.
We are about to head out in the camper for a weeklong old farts get together in the woods . I am sure we will be feeding the Mosquitoes and bugs. Hopefully no ticks.

I had a few difficult weeks recently. My wife had noticed an insect bite on the back of my leg (behind the knee), but I had no pain or itchiness from it, didn't even know it was there, but we didn't think too much about it. A short time later I got a fever, chills, aches and pains, actually felt like I had arthritis. Thought I had a flu, although no respiratory symptoms. The fever seemed to resolve after a week, but returned 4 or 5 days later. We thought that it was heat exhaustion as I was working my tail off on a deck project at the trailer, and it was HOT and HUMID. A few days later these red blotches appeared all over my torsou arms and legs. That is when we realized something was going on, these were all symptoms of Lyme disease. After 10 hours in the ER getting tests,waiting for results, more tests, and more waiting, Doc gave me a script for antibiotics for suspected Lyme. After 1.5 weeks on antibiotics, I am feeling pretty much normal again (Barb says "well...."). We caught it early, so early that tests may not actually confirm it as it takes a number of weeks for the body to start producing the antibodies that would confirm it.

Many reactions to this post:
Craig's not feeling well: :(
He's got Lyme Disease: :eek:
They caught it early, he's on anti-biotics and feeling better:
Party popper

I see Barb's point there.

What Larry said: ugh, ghaaa and woo hoo.
Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

Been there, done that...got the titer!
Lyme has gone through the whole family now with Wifey finally getting bit about 3 weeks ago now. She had the classic bullseye rash...no itch..didn't know it was there..I saw it when it was starting Friday evening when it looked like she had been leaning on her arm but the next morning, a textbook bullseye and off to instacare for a 10 day dose of dozicycleine or however you spell it. The amazing news is that now that they know that the use of an old fashioned antibiotics can not just stop it, it's curative.
Glad you went and had it checked out buddy and didn't just try to tough it out!

My GF had a similar bite in a similar place. Lymes disease is not a joke. Took her about a year to recover from it fully. I hope you have a speedy recovery and no lasting problems!

I would go so far as to say that I am feeling pretty much 100%, today us the last day of the antibiotics.
We caught it early, so hopefully there aren't any side effects that crip up down the road.
Thanks for all of the well wishes.

Bloody hell man, glad you're doing better.

My good friend at work had it a number of years ago. Was on a course of antibiotics for 6 months or so. Its been years now but she is no longer symptomatic. Had to get checked out every year at the doctor. The symptoms are so varied from person to person. Get well soon!

Back