Lager beer priming

Mastoras007

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm now on cold crash step on my lager, after that i will bottle some part of beer and rest of it keg.
What i need to do for bottle? After priming with dextrose what temperature i need to maintain and how long?

Wen i must age it?

My through is : prime with dextrose, ferment at 15 for 15 days, then age for 1-2 months, is that correct?

Hello everyone.
I'm now on cold crash step on my lager, after that i will bottle some part of beer and rest of it keg.
What i need to do for bottle? After priming with dextrose what temperature i need to maintain and how long?

Wen i must age it?

My through is : prime with dextrose, ferment at 15 for 15 days, then age for 1-2 months, is that correct?
Prime it and keep at room temp for 2-4 weeks. Open a tester to see that it is carbonated where you want before you lager it for a month+

Prime it and keep at room temp for 2-4 weeks. Open a tester to see that it is carbonated where you want before you lager it for a month+
Fk, that's to long....
If I try to bottle it from carbonated keg?
I don't have this counter pressure device but what if i cold it alot (0-1 Celsius) and just fill up the bottles and tap it fast?

Fk, that's to long....
I don't have this counter pressure device but what if i cold it alot (0-1 Celsius) and just fill up the bottles and tap it fast?
You can try it. I have never had success doing it that way. It always foams over.

Fk, that's to long....
It works, I do it all the time.

Turn the keg pressure down real low, like one or two psi, when filling, which will minimize foam

Use 1 pet bottle (like sprite or coke) and you can follow carbonation by squeezing it

Also I read, if i freeze the bottles help alot for the foam,
I will try it wen I'm ready

It works, I do it all the time.

Turn the keg pressure down real low, like one or two psi, when filling, which will minimize foam
I find it also helps to get the bottles cold before filling, I usually freeze mine overnight before filling

If you are going to force carbonate, Amazon sells an adaptor that fits on a PET bottle that works with the gas post on a Corny Keg. Don't know if you have access to that or not. With it, fill a liter PET bottle about 1/2 way and squeeze the air out. Go 20PSI and keep shaking the bottle until you don't hear the gas anymore. Disconnect and let it sit overnight.
If bottle carbonating. 5 oz CORN sugar for 5 gallons. For less, use a calculator. If table sugar, you need less. Use a calculator. Let it sit 11-14 days BEFORE you cold crash at fermentation temps.

Last edited:

Back