iSpindel not updating gravity at all

Brewer #429391

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello all! My latest woe with the iSpindel is that it's sending updates to Ubidots for every parameter with the exception of gravity. See screencap – temperature, tilt etc. are all updating every 15 minutes as expected, but there seems to be no gravity data coming in.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 09.45.05.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 09.45.05.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 34
Hi Yooper! Thanks for getting back. What's happened twice now is that it doesn't update gravity for 4-5 days, and then starts updating regularly along with all other parameters. I have no idea why the delay affecting gravity only.

Sorry for the noob question, but when you say you made a fix today, who do you mean? Are you with iSpindel, or Ubidots? Should I apply a firmware update?

Thanks!

Yooper is our main customer support agent with Brewer's Friend. One of our devs had rolled out a security patch that blocked the HTTP connections, you shouldn't have to do anything with your devices but you'll want to check with the software provider/ispindel repo/manufacturer.

Thanks! Unfortunately no change over here – I've had to reset the iSpindel to change the wifi network, and it's gone back to not updating gravity (see attached).

It's a mystery!

Attachments

• iSpindel.png
    iSpindel.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 17
Thanks! Unfortunately no change over here – I've had to reset the iSpindel to change the wifi network, and it's gone back to not updating gravity (see attached).

It's a mystery!
Thanks for keeping us updated. I'll let the developers know. BUT....the very first thing they are going to ask me is if you did the step by step instructions, and one other user said it is working now on ubidots. Can you confirm that you did the instructions, and have the same results?

Thanks Yooper! I didn't know there were instructions to be followed - could you point me in their direction, please?

Back