Inline regulators

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to setup my keezer with at least 2 inline regulators.
What type do you use, any issues to look out for?
Any pictures would be great!

basically any regulator will work, We have several different mcmaster carr ones as well as ones similar to the kegco one above. look at your mounting options. i would assume that you have a bottle with a regulator on it? you will need to set that bottle high and add reg for each usage point that you want to adjust.

I use regulators from Automation Direct, they are inexpensive, small enough and seem to be accurate so far.
89C207EC-3987-4766-8006-A0E94A5D97F4.jpeg
6BE5FDB3-A292-4982-AE79-BBF6CDE43244.jpeg

I've got one of the Kegland ones on the back of the fridge. It just steps down from 20psi for the soda water to 12psi for the beer. Great price, but it's pretty fiddly and I wouldn't want to be changing the settings often (or at all really).

20240713_074928018.jpg

I use regulators from Automation Direct, they are inexpensive, small enough and seem to be accurate so far. View attachment 29930View attachment 29931
curious how these work for you.
I tried some regulators like this that I sell myself, but they say specifically that they are not good on bottled gasses.
Sure enough they didn't function well, and I don't use them any more.
They were a quality product (Parker), I assume that it was to do with the diaphragm material, maybe not suitable for the cold temperature of bottled gas.

Perhaps P-H means that the regulator is not fit to bring the gas down from bottle pressures to use pressure? I also use a normal rdgulator on the bottle, so these regulators (0-60 psi) never see more than about 30 psi of essentially room-temperature gas. Yes, it can get a bit cooler but certainly not as cold as freezing.

Take a look at something like this Parker-Hannefin regulator: PR400S3PX4

I have no insight into price, but the ones I have were in the US$35 range. I've not had any issues with them.

Perhaps P-H means that the regulator is not fit to bring the gas down from bottle pressures to use pressure? I also use a normal rdgulator on the bottle, so these regulators (0-60 psi) never see more than about 30 psi of essentially room-temperature gas. Yes, it can get a bit cooler but certainly not as cold as freezing.

Take a look at something like this Parker-Hannefin regulator: PR400S3PX4

I have no insight into price, but the ones I have were in the US$35 range. I've not had any issues with them.
Same on my end.

My tank pressure(microbulk full of liquid CO2) is beyond the pressure/temp ratings of any flexible. I dont know what the pressure coming right out of a bottle is, but i assume its very very high(in the thousands?). You would be really worried about the ratings on your hoses as well as your regulators

All of mine are used as secondary regulators. Im pulling CO2 from a microbulk tank that is dropped down to around 100psi before coming into the building. For compressed air we run 100-120psi from the tank and then drop it down at point of use.

Same on my end.

My tank pressure(microbulk full of liquid CO2) is beyond the pressure/temp ratings of any flexible. I dont know what the pressure coming right out of a bottle is, but i assume its very very high(in the thousands?). You would be really worried about the ratings on your hoses as well as your regulators

All of mine are used as secondary regulators. Im pulling CO2 from a microbulk tank that is dropped down to around 100psi before coming into the building. For compressed air we run 100-120psi from the tank and then drop it down at point of use.
Co2 at 60F is 750psi.

Back