Hop water recipe using fresh hops

Brewer #329807

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for making hop water using fresh hops? I have a TON of Cascade hops that are almost ready to harvest and would like to try a hop water recipe with some of them. I have no idea how much to use

Ideas on this are all over the map. Some folks do a short boil. Some add-in a whirlpool.

I've done two batches so far, with simply adding water salts for a NEIPA (high Chloride vs. Sulfate) and carbon filtered water into my kettle. (just for collecting and mixing - no heat was used) I also used Phosphoric-85% acid to get the pH down to 3.5 and 4.2 respectively. (I was testing each one, ending with no discernable difference) I then (again, without boiling) pumped the treated water straight into a purged keg containing a bag with the hops. (only 2oz. for those batches, which was okay, but I'll double that at least next time) The kegs were then Quick-Carbed and iced-down in a 50:50 water bath for a festival a few hours later. They turned out fine save a tad muted in flavor. (aroma was nice) I didn't float them, but put them in the cooler and forgot about them. I polished them off 6 months later and they were still as fresh as the first day.

Back